Chapter 31

Steve watched the movie that Freya had chosen for them to watch while they waited

Steve watched the movie that Freya had chosen for them to watch while they waited. It took her some time to choose a movie since she was angry at Steve for throwing her on the couch but after some pouting she finally chose one.

However Freya did t last long into the movie and had fallen asleep with her head in Steve's lap. Steve didn't notice she had fallen asleep until he asked her a question about the movie only to get a soft snore in return.

Instead of leaving Steve turned the movie down slightly and placed the blanket that was on the back of the couch over her. He knew she was exhausted, more emotionally than physically.

Soft mumbling made Steve look down at the sleeping girl only to see a deep frown on her face. She flinched in her sleep and mumbled something again. Steve placed a hand on her arm to reassure her from the bad dream she was happening only to flinch back at the heat.

Steve ignored the heat of her skin and shook her shoulder lightly. Freya's eyes opened and she sat up slowly. She let out a shaky breath and looked down at her arms when she noticed the heat.

She glanced at Steve next to her "How long was I out?" Steve glanced at the time on his phone "A couple of hours"

"Did I hurt you?" Steve shook his head "No"

Freya sighed and moved back into the position she was in before and stared at the TV even though she wasn't paying attention to what was on it "I miss her"

Steve frowned when he heard a sniffle and ran his hand through her hair "I miss her too"

Freya finally went back to sleep, this time not having any nightmares which Steve was thankful for as that meant she was definitely getting some rest.

Another hour passed before Tony entered the living room. He leant over the couch and a small smile made its way on his face seeing that she was resting like he suggested.

Steve glanced up at Tony "Is it ready?" Tony nodded his head "Just finishing it up now"

Tony sighed as he watched Freya sleep "I don't want to wake her up" Steve shook Freya's shoulder gently to wake her up.

Freya groaned slightly but after the third shake she finally opened her eyes. Freya rubbed her eyes tiredly and looked up at Tony who was smiling down at her which made Freya look at him confused "Why are you smiling like that?"

"It's time" Freya's eyes widened as she sat up "It's ready?"

Tony nodded and pushed himself off the couch "So you better get suited up because we have a reunion to endure"

Freya sent him a small smile before she rushed towards her room to change into her suit. The thought of seeing Peter again and being able to be in his arms again made her giddy and she practically ran to the lab where they were just starting to put the stones into the gauntlet.

Once the stones had been placed into the gauntlet Rocket gave it one last look "It's ready, now who's going to snap their fingers?"

Everyone kind of looked at one another as they just realised one of them had to snap their fingers in order for it to work.

Thor stepped forward "I'll do it" he walked past everyone to get the gauntlet but Freya and Steve stepped in "Thor just wait we haven't decided who's going to put that on yet"

"Look sitting here and staring at it is not going to bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger okay" Freya shot Steve a look that basically said what the hell but Steve shook his head as he let Thor continue "So this responsibility falls upon me"

Tony stepped in as they argued "It's not just the fact that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you you're in no condition"

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Freya snorted "Cheese Wiz"

Thor glared at her before turning back to Tony and patting his shoulders "Lightning"

Freya thought back to what Tony had said about how powerful the stones all are. Freya closed her eyes and sighed "I'll do it"

It fell silent and when Freya reopened her eyes everyone in the room was staring at her. Tony eventually got out of his shock and grabbed her arms and looked at her with tears in his eyes "This could kill you"

"If what we found out earlier is true then maybe I can handle the energy" Tony shook his head "And what if it kills you instead?"

Freya stared Tony in the eyes "Let me do this"

Tony shook his head once again "No, we saw what it did to Thanos, I'm not letting that happen to you"

"It has to be me" Freya turned to Bruce who was staring at the gauntlet "It nearly killed Thanos, none of you would survive"

"How do we know you will?"

Bruce walked towards the gauntlet "We don't but the radiation is mostly gamma"

He turned to Freya "I know you wanna do this but you have someone coming back, someone really important and I'm not going to let you throw that away after how far you've come"

Everyone stepped back after they all agreed that Bruce should be the one. Freya stepped behind Tony who held up a shield in protection "Hey Friday activate Iron Door Protocol" Freya let out a shaky breath as she watched the shutters cover the windows and door to the room trapping them inside.

Bruce slowly put the gauntlet on causing him to cry out in pain as the power consumed him. Freya flinched at each sail of pain as Thor was telling at him to take it off but Bruce only shook his head saying he was fine and then he snapped his fingers causing a similar bright light from when Thanos did it.

Once Bruce fell to the floor they all rushed over and Freya kicked the gauntlet away from them while they attended the Bruce who was kind of out of it. Tended to his arm as Freya looked around the room as the doors opened "Did it work?"

Scott walked towards the window to take a look outside. Freya heard something vibrating and stood up seeing that someone was calling Clint's phone. Clint walked over to it as well when he noticed and answered the call and by the look on his face she knew he was talking to his family.

Freya smiled slightly knowing it worked but then a shadow covered the room. Freya looked up just in time to see the spaceship before the rockets fired.