Chapter 29

Freya sat with the rest of the group out by the lake

Freya sat with the rest of the group out by the lake. It had been a few hours since they all returned and even though they succeeded and now have the six infinity stones they couldn't be happy as they all lost one of their closest friends.

Freya felt numb. After the tears stopped she stayed quiet even through Clint's story on what happened at Vormir and how he managed to get the stone. She knew that Clint wasn't telling them the full story she could see it on his face and the fact he avoided all eye contact with her through his story, she knew it had something to do with her.

Tony looked out towards the lake as a silence fell onto the group "Do we know if she had family?"

Freya looked down at her hands in her lap "She had us" Steve reached forward and placed a reassuring hand on her knee as some sort of comfort. Steve knew how close the two had gotten.

Thor who had been pacing the deck walked closer to the three of them as he registered what they were saying "What?" Freya looked up only to frown at the look of denial on Thor's face.

Tony sighed knowing where this was getting and stood up "I was just asking a question" Thor looked between the three of them in disbelief "Why are we acting like she's dead?" Freya flinched at his words but Thor didn't even notice as he continued his rant.

"We have the stones right? As long as we have the stones we can bring her back" Freya thought about it being a possibility but after hearing Nerbula's story about her sister and Thanos on Vormir, it sounds unlikely they can bring her back.

Clint who had distanced himself shook his head, confirming Freya's thoughts "We can't bring her back. It can't be undone"

Freya sighed when Thor let out a laugh as if not believing what Clint had just said "Im sorry, no offence but you're a very earthly being, okay we are talking about space magic that 'Can't' seems very different, don't you think?"

Clint held his hands up in defence "I know I'm way out of my pay grade but she still isn't here is she? It can't be undone or that's a least what the red floating guy had to say. Maybe you should go talk to him. Go grab your hammer and talk to him!"

Freya reached froward and grabbed Clint's hand after he moved closer to Thor. Clint sighed but moved back and squeezed her hand as a thank you.

Clint sniffed "It was suppose to be me" Freya's heart broke at his words "She sacrificed herself for that god damn stone. She bet her life on it"

Freya jumped when Bruce picked up one of the benches and threw it out towards the lake as he finally came to terms on what this meant "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it, we have to"

Everyone separated to do their own thing while Tony, Rocket and Bruce came up with an gantlet that one of them could use to snap their fingers. Freya had joined Bruce and Tony in the lab and sat quietly next to the glass case where the stone laid until they could be used.

Freya's chin rested on her arms as she stared at the stones but the one that caught her eye was the space stone. The more she stared at it the more she thought that it's glow was getting brighter. She curiously lifted her hand, letting her fingers graze the glass that covered the stone, only making it glow brighter.

She was snapped out of her haze when someone grabbed her wrist and gently pushed her hand away. Freya looked up seeing Tony looking at her with concern "What was that?"

Freya sat back, not realising she had moved closer and looked at him confused "What was what?"

Tony glanced at the stones then back at Freya "You zoned out. I was calling your name but you didn't even acknowledge me" Freya had no idea that she zoned out. She had no idea how long she was sat there before Tony brought her out of it.

Freya glanced back at the space stone "How long will it take to make the gauntlet?" Tony looked at her confused as to why she was asking "Maybe a few hours, why?"

Freya bit her lip "I want to run a few tests" Tony's eyes widened when he realised what she was implying and quickly shook his head as he walked to the other end of the lab where Bruce and Rocket were making the gauntlet "No, I'm not letting you near that thing"

Freya groaned and followed Tony "Come on, aren't you a little curious about my connection with it?" Tony sighed and sat down on one of the stools "Of course I am"

Freya sat down in the stool next to him and grabbed the tablet that Tony went to grab. Tony sighed but turned to face his daughter who had a pleading look on her face "We only have a few hours with it before we return it, please"

Tony sighed and nodded his head "okay I'll run some tests"