Chapter 15

Freya stared at the spot where Thanos just was

Freya stared at the spot where Thanos just was. She stood up slowly and walked over next to Bruce who was looking around confused "Where'd he go?"

Thor opened his mouth to speak but he was cut off by a soft "Steve?"Freya spun around watching as Bucky moved forward from his spot, only to hold his arms out before he slowly turned to dust. Freya's eyes widened as she watched everyone around her slowly turn to dust. Freya's hand shot up to cover her mouth as the tears started to fall as she realised what was happening.

Freya heard rustling behind her and she spun around see Natasha running towards them. Once Natasha saw the young girl standing there and not turned to dust she wrapped her arms around her and sighed in relief that she was still there "Oh thank God"

Freya pulled away from Natasha and walked over to Steve who had knelt beside Vision's body. Freya rested her hand gently on his shoulder. Freya thought he was in to much shock to even notice her but he placed his hand on top of hers and gave it a squeeze.

Steve sniffed and stood up after a silence fell over them as no one knew what to do now "We need to find him"

Freya looked around her and frowned noticing Wanda missing. Freya's eyes widened when she realised something. Steve realised the same thing just as she did and spun around only for his heart to ache at the sight of the girl holding her chest. She stared at Steve who steppe forward immediately and held the girl in his arms.

'W-What if they both-"  Freya couldn't even finish the sentence as a sob left her mouth. Steve pulled away and grabbed her arms to make her look at him "We can't be for sure it happened to them okay? We're gonna find them and bring them back"

Freya sat in her room in the compound holding one of Peter's t-shirts in her hand. It has been twenty three days since Thanos did the snap. After Wakanda the remaining Avengers returned to the facility to come up with a plan to find Thanos and make him reverse what he did. They haven't had much luck though since the only two people they have from outer space is Thor and a talking raccoon named Rocket.

The past few weeks have been hard. Freya would sit in Tony's lab all day staring at the screen which displayed both the iron man suit and the iron spider suit but they were both offline which made Freya feel sick to her stomach. She didn't know if they were offline because they were in space or they had disappeared with everyone else.

Freya felt another tear slip down her cheek as she looked down at the t-shirt in her hands. She has spent the last twenty three days talking herself out of the fact that her boyfriend and her dad were one of the ones to turn to dust but they have no way of contacting them out there.

Steve has been keeping a close eye on Freya ever since they got back. He was saddened by the events but he had to be strong for her. He had no idea if Tony survived and he knew that he'd need to be there for Freya, be there like Tony was. 

He had held her the entire time on the jet, he held her as she cried so hard until she fell asleep on the couch in his arms. Just watching her made him want to cry but he knew he had to be strong and be there for her.  He didn't want to smother her when he knew she wanted to be on her own but he always had a eye on her and made sure he was near by for when she needs him.

Freya heard a low rumble coming from outside but just assumed it was a jet but when the walls started to rattle causing a few frames to fall off, Freya stood up and made her way to the window. Her eyes widened at the sight of a spaceship slowly coming down and ran straight out of her room and out of the compound.

Just as Freya joined the others by the spaceship she stopped in her tracks at the man currently holding Pepper for dear life.

Her hand flew to her mouth as the tears fell down her cheeks at the sight of her father. Tony noticed her too over Pepper's shoulder and let out a sob, finally at ease that she was still there. Tony let go of Pepper and Freya ran straight over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, which Freya noticed was a lot thinner than the last time she hugged him.

Even though Tony felt weak he tightened his arms around his daughter and pulled her even closer to him "I'm so glad you're okay"

Freya sniffed and finally pulled back only to frown when her eyes landed on his face. He had bruises covering his face and he looked sick. Freya looked over his shoulder towards the spaceship then back towards her father "Where's Peter?"

Tony winced slightly at the name of the boy he watched turn to dust in his arms. Tony bit his lip and shook his head already hating the fact he was about to break her even more  "I'm so sorry kiddo"

Freya's heart sank in her chest at his words. She stumbled back into Steve who caught her before she fell. Freya shook her head "No no no"

The look on Tony's face was enough conformation that what he was saying was true and this caused Freya to let out a cry.

Steve wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him. Freya cried into his chest as the pain of losing Peter consumed her. Steve bit his lip to prevent his own tears as he held Freya. This broken girl in his arms has lost someone she loved more than anyone and he knew how that felt and he had no idea is she would ever recover from losing Peter.