vi. THE QUARRY

CHAPTER SIX: THE QUARRY

CHAPTER SIX:
THE QUARRY

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

THE NEXT DAY WAS HARD FOR jenna to even get up in the morning. she had made jacob sleep with her that night because she was scared to even close her eyes. all she saw was that clown again, reaching for head and taunting her about her fear. it knew. it knew her deepest fear and it was using it against her.

the only thing that would make her even calm down a little bit was seeing that redhead hairs beauty and her bestfriend so after debating with herself, she decided to get ready for the quarry. she slipped on a yellow and blue stripped bikini top and bottom her mom had bought her for when she went to the pool.

over it, a flowy white sundress so she wouldn't have to put on any shorts underneath. she let out a shaky breath as she glanced over at her bedroom doorway, the memory of last night flashing like an image over and over again. she slammed her hands onto her head, shaking a little.

she sucked in a deep breath, grabbing her sunglasses and placing them on the top of her head before walking out her front door. she had talked about meeting up with beverly the previous night at quarry around 1, which was when the boys were gonna be there. she sighed softly as she grabbed her white bike, hopping on and making her way to the quarry.

☽☽☽

           jenna biked through the woods, hearing the sound of richie, of course, arguing with eddie about their loogie contest. her eyes landed on beverly who was setting her bike down, beginning to unbutton her dress. she got down from her own and nudged her, looking at the group of boys who were in their tighty whities. they were looking over the edge, debating on who was jumping first.

         beverly looked at jenna, smiling small. "we'll go" the redhead spoke up as she peeled off her dress letting jenna pull her own off. she gripped onto her hand and ran off the edge of the cliff, hearing richie scream, 'what the fuck?' as they hit the water.

         she felt beverly's hand wrapped around hers even tighter when their faces pushed out of the water. "cmon, richie. don't let two girls show you up" jenna ridiculed her bestfriend. she felt beverly nudged her in the ribs making her wince slightly. "ow, what was that, bev?" she asked, letting out a soft chuckle.

         "i wanted to tell you that you look... beautiful right now" beverly smiled, pushing her hair behind her ear. jenna looked into her eyes as she was about to say 'thank you' but the many screams coming from above cut her off as the boys were now jumping off. she laughed when richie came up with his glasses crooked, shoving him.