xi. YOU & ME

CHAPTER ELEVEN: YOU & ME

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
YOU & ME

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

          "CMONNN" JENNA tugged on beverly's hand gently as she led her to her backyard. the redhead had a blindfold over her eyes, stumbling over the dirt and grass. she let out a chuckle at jenna's commands. "well i can't even see where i'm going, angel" she reminded her, pointed to the bandana blocking her eyesight.

          jenna smiled at her comment. "fair point but this a surprise. trust me, it'll be worth it" their hands intertwined as jenna led her to her shed. as bad as it may sound, no she was not going to murder her. there was a little surprise waiting for the freckled girl.

         "it better be" beverly teased, rubbing the back of jenna's hand with her thumb as she waited. jenna let go of her hand for a few seconds to unlock the shed. "woah woah woah, what're you doing?" she heard the keys and the lock click.

          "relax, bev. just walk in cmon i got you" she reassured her, kissing her hand lovingly. ever since the group sort of split up, beverly and jenna have gotten extremely close ever since their confessions to each other. they weren't necessarily a couple yet but they were happy with what they were as of now.

         jenna had to make sure everything was in place before she went behind beverly, placing her hands on her shoulders. "you ready?" she asked softly, placing her hands over the bandana. "yeah.." beverly responded, a cheeky smile on her lips.

        "are you-" "angel, i'm ready. cmon, this bandana is fucking cutting of the circulation in my head" beverly said, getting slightly annoyed. jenna kissed her cheek gently, telling her to calm down and slid off the bandana.

        beverly's eyes squinted a bit as her eyes were adjusting to the light in the room, gasping at the set up. there was a a small couch to the left and there was a few small chairs, all a light gray color but there was white christmas lights decorating the inside. there was small decorations like mirrors and a few polaroids of beverly and jenna that they took of each other.

          "well... do you like it?" she asked nervously, messing with her hands. beverly looked at jenna with a wide smile, hugging her tightly. "angel, this is... wow, i love it" she looked at all the pictures of them, smiling happily. jenna felt relieved and hugged her back, intertwining their hands.

        "thank you" she gave jenna a soft kiss onto her nose. "well, there's one more person to thank" she let go of her hand and unlocked the shed, watching as jacob ducked his head to fit through the door. "yeah yeah, i helped just a smidge" he said sheepishly.

         beverly walked over and punched his arm playfully. "thanks dingus" she grinned. beverly and jacob have also became closer as she was over at jenna's almost everyday, practically living there. jenna didn't mind, of course, but she just wanted more... alone time since her parents worked from home.

         jacob threw his muscular arms around beverly, rustling her hair. "you're welcome, carrots". the taller boy had nicknamed beverly that since in the sunlight her hair looked more orange than red if anything. jenna then shooed him out, pushing his body towards the door.

         "out, out, out" she scolded him as if she was his mother. jacob held his hands up in defense and ducked through the door again, looking back at the girls. "don't have too much fun" he winked before jenna threw a pencil at him.

          beverly laughed at his expression as she sat down on the couch. her eyes admired the room, letting out a sigh. jenna made her way over after she closed the door, sitting down next to her. "what?" she noticed beverly looking at the wall's. they were painted a white-ish color.

           "when did you have time to do this?" she asked her in disbelief. jenna hummed as she laid beverly back onto the couch, sitting on her lap. "umm... it took about two weeks, jacob mostly working on painting and moving the furniture. i just told him what to do and decorated the place" she let out a sigh, looking down at beverly.

          beverly nodded, looking up at her. there was a small window next to where jenna's face was. "hey c'mere..." she motioned her to bring her face closer to hers. jenna obeyed and scooting herself more back, resting her hand on beverly's chest, her head on her head.

       "much better" she ran her fingers through jenna's silky black locks, watching as the blue eyed girl closed her eyes. she relaxed as she just listened to the sound of beverly's steady heartbeat and breathing.

         jenna couldn't believe that this was real. she never thought that she would find someone for her. she never even thought of a girl liking her back. it was a dream that was now a reality. her eyes slowly opened as she readjusted herself so that her hands were now by beverly's sides.

         their lips were centimeters apart, so close to kissing. beverly looked into jenna's eyes and eased her way into her, pressing her lips onto jenna's. her eyes widened at the feeling, looking at beverly's closed eyes and closed hers as well. it took her a second but she relaxed into it steadily.

          beverly's hand cupped jenna's cheek, sitting up slightly. jenna moved herself so that they both could be more comfortable. she tried to move off of beverly's lap but the redhead spoke up, shaking her head. "no... i-i like you there" she whispered and leaned her head back to rest on the arm of the couch.

         jenna turned a deep red, nodding as she mumbled, "alright, i'll stay, bev" she leaned back down to rest her head on her chest, biting her lip as she thought about their kiss they shared. she perked up a little when she smelt a bit of smoke. she knew bev smoked so she didn't say anything and just watched her.

       "hey, bev...?" jenna asked softly, playing with bev's rings on the hand she wasn't using to hold her cigarette. "yeah angel?" she replied, blowing the smoke into the air. "do you think we're ever gonna stop liking each other?".

         beverly frowned at her words, shaking her head. "no... god, no angel" she put her cigarette behind her ear, sitting up now fully, still keeping jenna on her lap. "it's you and me okay? always gonna be you and me..." she whispered kindly, holding onto her hands.

         "you and me?" jenna echoed, a small smile on her face. beverly nodded with a hum, pecking her lips. "you and me"

jenna finally relaxed her muscles and just laid back down once again, snuggling into beverly's chest while she ran her fingers through her long dark hair. they were enjoying these moments that they knew they would never forget. they were happy.... for now.

+
i-i am soft for these girlfriends <3
short but sweet chapter 💕💞

[ 1155 WORDS ]