viii. JUMPSCARES

CHAPTER EIGHT:JUMPSCARES

CHAPTER EIGHT:
JUMPSCARES

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

         BILL HAD CALLED EVERYONE to come to his house to show them something. jenna only came because she knew beverly was coming too. she hadn't really been hanging out with her much since beverly's dad had been saying no to everything that jenna asked.

          if it was for her to come over to her coming with her to the movies to her going to the quarry. her dad always said no. she was confused and she wanted to talk to beverly about it. jenna arrived in a pair of high waisted shorts, a light yellow t-shirt tucked in with her hair down in its natural state.

         she saw beverly sitting down in a chair as mike and bill were setting up a projector. she set her bike up inside the garage, making her way over. she sat down next to her, biting her lip nervously.

         "hey, bev.." she spoke up, looking at her. beverly turned her head to the side to see the girl that she missed so much. "h-hi, jenna" she replied back. jenna furrowed her brows when she didn't call her angel but didn't fret about it and continued the conversation.

           there was a few seconds of silence of the two girls just staring at each other. "what's going on?" i keep on calling your house but your dad answers saying no, you can't come and hang out" she asked straight up. she noticed that mike and bill stopped working making her blush because she was probably loud but waited for an answer from the redhead.

         "nothing. my dad's just been..." beverly trailed off, messing with her key necklace. "protective, lately" she finished her sentence, putting on a fake smile. "and how come he let you come this time?" she asked, feeling like she was lying to her. she wanted to know what was really going on.

          before beverly could finish her sentence, richie's loud voice came over them when he screamed. "what's up fuckers? the one and only has arrived" jenna sort of jumped up at her best friend, excited to see him as well. she's seen richie but not in a week.

          "we'll talk later. kay?" jenna patted her shoulder, getting up to hug richie tightly. beverly nodded as she messed with her fingers. she closed her eyes for a moment as the memories from the past two weeks.

          beverly walked into her apartment just minutes after jenna had walked her home from the quarry. there her father, alvin, was sitting in the living room with her notebook or as it says in the front cover, 'diary'.

          her eyes froze and so did her whole body when she saw alvin flipping through the pages. her heart rate had already picked up from just knowing what was in there. "d-daddy..." she spoke up. "what're you doing with that?" her voice was shaky as she set her stuff down on the ground.

         his beady eyes looked up from the pages and to his daughter. "you're a dyke... aren't you?" his fist clenched as he looked back down at a page that was just about the girl she loved. beverly shook her head, walking up to him, shivering with fear.