ix. THE WRONG BEVERLY

CHAPTER NINE: THE WRONG BEVERLY

CHAPTER NINE:
THE WRONG BEVERLY

(heads up, this one is hellla long!!)

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

         THE LOSERS CLUB biked as fast as they could to try and catch up with the leader of the group. jenna was thinking about giving up until bev had told them to hurry up and pick up their paces. the brunette moved her legs as fast as she could.

         once they arrived at neibolt, everyone dropped their bikes, except for stanley, of course. bev yelled at bill as he was about to walk into neibolt alone. bill began to talk about god knows what because jenna was too busy looking at beverly.

          but when he started talking about georgie was when she began to pay attention. "i go home and... all i see is that georgie isn't there" he said shakily. "his clothes, his shoes, his stupid stuffed animals.. but what happened when another georgie goes missing?" he asked the group.

         they all looked at each other hopelessly as they continued to listen to bill's speech. "or another betty? or another ed corcoran? or... one of us? are you just gonna pretend it didn't happen like everyone else in this town?" he looked at his group at his friends, almost begging them to understand how he felt.

         jenna did. she felt exactly how he did feel inside. "so walking into this house... for me, is easier than walking into my own" bill sniffled and wiped his eye. before he turned away, jenna spoke up. "bill, wait..." she held her hand up as she walked towards the steps to stand next to him.

         "i know how you feel... i do" she sucked in a deep breath before beginning to speak. "a year ago, my aunt died from cancer. she was my bestfriend. we did everything together. she accepted me for who i was... she loved me more than anyone ever could. well, other than my parents. our family... didn't like her that much because she was different" she choked up, sniffling.

         "she didn't believe in a god, she wasn't against... gays or anything. she loved everyone who they were on the inside. she meant so much to me and seeing her go... it still hurts. seeing her pictures in the picture books, hearing just her name makes me tear up sometimes" jenna let out a shaky breath, looking at every single one of the losers.

         bill nodded and placed a hand on her shoulder. "we're all h-h-here for you, jenna. r-r-r-ri-right guys?" he looked at the group of boys. stan nodded, flashing jenna a warm smile. beverly walked up the steps also, holding her hand.

"you're not just a pretty girl, are you, angel?" she asked kindly, chuckling softly. jenna let out one too. "i guess not, marsh"