Re:Load (NieR: Automata)

My first NieR fluff

Also Hail 9SX2B!!!

This happens after the E ending

-----

Two androids....

They stood on a hill facing the west, and before them their eyes shined in a frozen moment in which they were reunited.

This new soul caught the last ray of sunset beyond them and lit their faces; tearful, smiling faces were shown as the androids looked to each other. They were... truly happy.

2B stared at the ffaing flower from over her partner's shoulder for some time. 9S didn't know she'd snuck in, nor that she'd come to speak to him after Pascal and A2 had asked for her help.

He wasn't himself, or so they said, but she no longer doubted it for how he seemed to fear the flower would turn to dust if gripped with the slightest pressure.

The flower was indeed old the image was drawn by the prowess of nature and with a delicate proportion that shaded where the light from the souls didn't touch - had magic not been involved it would have dissolved many years ago.

When earth existed, it was a peaceful time, before aliens would get their hands on the planet and them.

And now not even the sun could show 2B's heart being one with 9S's.

"Do you remember when you used to care?"

2B looked up. She could hardly confess the silver bowl-cut scanner with the curtains drawn, but what little light that entered showed his head turned slightly. How long had he known she was here?

When she didn't answer, he sighed, "I had thought you would have taken this with you. But it meant nothing, didn't it?"

"That isn't true," 2B insisted. "This Taking over the machines that you instigated, what I said to you... it was too late to go back for it. I wanted to keep myself safe from being hurt all over again if you truly went through with this threat of yours."

"So you do admit that this flower had meant something to you." It was unspoken, but 2B knew he was thinking that it no longer did. His head drooped, the silence between them thickening.

2B couldn't leave him like this; she had promised A2 that she would go to cheer him up from the chains of meaninglessness, but her lingering was for more than that. Regardless of what she said, she could still had lloved 9S due to saving her life back then.

The truth was, this separation had put an aching void in her, Getting killed by a virus and hoping 9S moved on from that accident. And she wanted that.

Moving around Nines so that she could see his face, she sat beside him, a few inches away. He still didn't move. Which would be perfect to catch him off guard.

She snaked her hands into his underarms and scribbled quickly as she could. His reaction was instantaneous.

"2B!" he squeaked atypically. "What is thihihihis?"

"This," she hummed, much more comfortable in seeing his scramble backwards, "Is a well-deserved tickling session!" She crawled after him and continued tickling with extra vigor while leaning her head to nip at his neck. This, particularly, was something that made him hysterical back when they were still together.

It was still apparently true. "t-thisss is so unecessareeee! TWOOBS! NOHOHOAHAHAHA!" His hands nearly nicked her when he started to kick out, so she scooted to the side.

"I'll stop if you say you're happy again," she chortled, unable to stifle the sound. His laughter always had a way of getting to her and stoked laughter of her own.

"NAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PLEAHEHEHEHSE!"

The female android took this as a sign that he wasn't ready to give up yet. So, letting up from her neck nibbles, she moved her Hands from his underarms and scribbled them on his belly.

"2B! STAHAHAHAHAHAHAP!" 9S started blushing badly and covered up his face, his chortles muffled significantly.

"No you don't," 2B chided, "I want to hear that laughter loud as it is." She buried her face into his abdomen, nuzzling that spot with her muzzle especially over his ribs.

9S failed to keep his laughter in, bursting out in borderline roaring with laughter as he trashed moderately. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

2B snickered with her muzzle receiving most of the sensation. She decided to finish it with a huge raspberry, right over his belly button. She winced at the sound he made before his breath gave out and he fell into desperate gasps and coughs.

Satisfied, and finding him far happier than before, she let him up and scooted back to give him the time and space to recuperate.

When he at last could speak clearly enough, he exhaled, "Did pahascal ask you to hahahehe do that?"

2B thumbed her hands. Happy as he was, the divide between them couldn't disappear just like that. "They asked me to make sure you were okay, but this, particularly, was my choice."

"I dohon't understand. What about what you said, and you leaving and not taking the flower? I thought-"

The Battle No. 2 android pressed a finger to his mouth.

"Be silent for once, Nines." And she curled up beside him, wrapped her arms around his torso, and sighed.

She wouldn't know it until much later, but the bit of sun that made it through the grass rested on their souls, and joy entered as the couple closed the distance with each other.