Family Matters

Sam's POV:
Okay, my mind was racing, in less than 24 hours so many things went wrong... again. What is it with this family? Stiles suddenly found comfort in the red-head's embrace, which was a relief. Dean's not that good with kids... nor am I. We never should've come here, or else now Stiles and his friends wouldn't have been in danger. But even after a few mere hours I can see the curiosity in the kid's eyes, he probably would've looked for his true parents anyway. Despite that fact, maybe Stiles' dad wouldn't have been dead now, right? The girl set down next to her friends, a mourning feeling surrounding us now. Then she turned her attention to Scott and asked something I never expected neither of them to say.
"What happened with the wendigo?"
"One of the Calaveras stopped by and killed it..." - he replied.
"Wait... WHAT?!" - me and Dean shouted at the same time.
"You know about wendigos? And the Calaveras, the hunter's family?"
"Yes, just like Sammy said! We knew you were a werewolf, but this?"
Stiles looked at us blankly, like we were stupid or something.
"Well, we kinda went to visit them once... Let's say we just avoid them."
"Yea, you don't want your friend here killed."
"It's not like that! And how do you know about Scott and the Calaveras?" - The red-head said.
"Oh and who are you?" - she added.
"I'm Sam, this is my brother Dean. He's also Stiles' biological father."
"What?" - her face froze.
"Lydia, look...It's kinda just like he said and also the fact that they're hunters, oh, and apparently demons are now after me and them, but hey see it on the bright side - our food arrived!" - Stiles acted so cheerfully, even after what happened. That is another trait he and Dean share - that stubbornness, not showing their true feelings.
" Stop being so cheerful... You're not okay. I know it. " - Lydia said, trying to catch his glance, but failed.
" I don't need pity...I'll go for a little bit of fresh air." - after that he stood up, walked outside and sat at the bench in front.

It's hard watching someone crumble so easily... But who am I to speak...