Bridges And Trustfalls

Lydia's POV:
I absolutely loved the idea of finally having a few moments with Stiles, without any of our friends fighting for their lives or trying to escape from a mental hospital.
  The spring was slowly creeping its way in Beacon Hills and my favorite cherry trees had blossomed in a beautiful shade of pink, and rosy colors.
Stiles looked around and smiled for a second.

"Lydia, can you turn left down the road? Trust me, you'll love what I'll show you!" - seeing him all bright and cheery did it for me. My hands turned left, without my brain even giving them such command. I was desperate to feel his warm gaze and genuine smile upon me again, I've always loved his nonchalant spirit and charismatic presence.

After a few minutes of driving he told me to pull up next to one bridge. He caught me by the hand and dragged me towards the middle of the bridge, where he leaned on the edge.

"What are we doing here?"

"You'll see." - not knowing something definitely unnerved me to say the least, but the words "You'll see" undeniably got me excited.

He fell. My frickin' god, he just fell off the bridge. I was scared to the point I wasn't able to breathe, nor hear anything else but my desperate gasps for air. And then it hit me - as a banshee I should've felt his death and when I started thinking straight, I heard his voice.

"Lyds, are you okay there?" - I looked down from the edge and there he stood - with a smug grin in his face.

"Okay? AM I OKAY?! I thought you might've died, you moron! I was so scared! Never do that again!"

"Don't worry, I won't. Now, you jump."

"No way."

"Yes way. I'll catch you."

"And I should trust your tiny hands?" - I said jokingly.

"Yeah, that's exactly what you're gonna do."

I definitely wasn't okay, as my mind was actually considering to jump. Was I on my way to death? Yes, probably. Did I care enough to not jump? No, most likely not.

And so that's how I died. Or not.

"See, I knew it would work!" - I slowly opened my eyes, even though I didn't know I'd closed them.

There was a railway underneath us, but Beacon Hills didn't have a station... This was left from the wild hunt. I looked up to see a majestic scenery in front of me. The pink and white blossoms of the cherry trees had fallen down on the railway, spreading and creating a river of blossoms. My mouth was left agape for a quite sometime now, but there was nothing for me to really say. At least I was sure words weren't coming out of my mouth anytime soon.

"Now, I know you actually trust me."

He left those words linger through the air for some time, looking me straight   in my eyes. All be did was smile, as if he was admiring his favorite painting.