Chapter 8 - Emergency Flight

The room was silent. With the exception of the soft clicking of the keys on the keyboard as Tracy was typing up the last of the notes that Bob had written down. They had all been about the current projects being conducted on board and of the issues that they had come across a few times with various run-ins with pirates and with stranded or abandoned ships. She couldn't help but to become worried about what the notes contained in relations to what the teams had been able to discover with each ship that they had boarded. For it seemed that each one was very similar to the last one.

Most of them were cargo ships that had been taken over by pirates and had been used to transport goods from one area to another. But unlike the last one, there was usually still quite a few pirates on board. Or it was completely stripped down to the studs as the pirates had removed everything, only to abandon the ship and dump it all together. Which puzzled Tracy and even had her curiosity spiked.

Right as she finished the last few notes, she could once again hear Bob's voice out in the hallway. Immediately she felt butterflies in her stomach. Which surprised her at first since she had never felt anything like this before with anyone. But then again, she thought as she smiled to herself as she stacked up the papers neatly in his outbox. She had never met anyone like him before in her life.   And she didn't think that she ever would again.

"......I'll be busy for the next few hours. So I would appreciate it if it you could keep the interruptions down to a minimum. Preferably none at all. Tracy and I have to get these notes sent back to the main lab. And they need them now." Bob was saying just outside the door.

"Tracy? Really?" Tracy heard Misty say in a excitedly mischievous voice. "Okay sir. Consider your cabin off limits to everyone then."

Great. Tracy thought as she rolled her eyes before she closed them as she slightly shook her head. Now that's going to be all over the ship in a matter of hours.

Then with one last tap to the papers to finish straighten them up, Bob walked into the room. Tracy looked up from the desk and smiled as she met Bob's gaze. He gave her back the gentle smile that she had learned was her favorite sight.

"Now that's much better." He said as he closed his door.

"How so?" She asked as she gave him a slight smirk.

"I can function now. That's how. I work better when your here to help me out." He said with a smile.

Tracy dropped her head as she smiled. "I'm glad I can help. To be honest I was starting to go crazy just sitting in medical. And I feel better knowing that I'm helping out again."

"I'm glad." Bob said as he walked over to his desk and looked down at her after a quick glance to his outbox. "I see that you got all of those notes done already."

Tracy looked up at the outbox and smiled again. "I did. I just finished printing them out for you and sending them off to the lab."

"Well good." Bob said as he moved his chair, Tracy and all, away from the desk.

Tracy grabbed the arms of the chair as the motion caught her by surprise as he spoke. "That makes this easier then."

"What are you talking about? Make 'what' easier?" She asked as he leaned down to her.

Next thing she knew he was wrapping his arms around her as he picked her up off of the chair and into a bridal carry. She initially jump and grabbed onto him so that she didn't fall. But then as he began to move, she relaxed a bit when she realized that he wasn't about to drop her. That was until she saw that he was heading for his bedroom.

"Whoa! Wait a minute?" She asked as he stepped through the door and turned to his bed. "What are you doing?"

"Doctor's orders." He said as he laid her down on his bed.