Chapter 7

After 35 mintues, I was standing in the finance department. Mr Rajput and finance manager Mr kavish was talking while I was standing outside his cabin. I could see through glasses that they were arguing something, may be about me.
Mr kavish was looking young. Karan and he are  around same age. I was impressed that he was finance manager in such age. I was excited to work with him. I was praying that he would be convinced with my work.
After few minutes, Mr Rajput gave me a sympathy smile and told, "I arranged everything. But if you feel uneasy and have any problem, just tell me, I will arrange your job in another department."
I gave him bright smile, "don't worry." 
He nodded and left. I took a deep breath and knocked the cabin door. I heard his authorized tone, "come in."
I entered into cabin and looked him. He was busy into file. I said nervously, "hello sir, I am Natasha."
He looked at me and asked directly, "why are you here? Did your boyfriend tell you to do it?"
I stared him for few seconds. It seemed everyone was right that I shouldn't have joined this department but I have interest in this department. I can't escape because of problem.
Firstly I clam myself. I sighed and said to him, "sorry sir, but why are you judging me by my status. Why don't you judge me by my work?"
He put a scary smile on his face, "do you think you are suitable for this department? Here your boyfriend can't interfere into any decisions."
"I don't know I am suitable or not but I will give my best. And I know it that's why I want to join it. And please don't mention about him in front of anyone else. I am here for work, not time pass."
Now it was time for him to stare me. He thought for some seconds then asked, "what type of work do you want to do?"
"I am not sure about it. You are my boss. Why don't you decide for me?" I replied confidently.
"Ok, I will give you a file. You have one week. You can take help anybody including me. If you failed in it, you have to leave this department. What do you say?" He asked with raising his eyebrows.
I knew he was giving me challenge and I like challenge into the work.
"I have no problem but if I pass, what will you do?" I asked as his tone.
"You can decide whatever post do you want." He said.
I accepted, "fine." I had confidence into myself.
I was on the desk. It was hundred times better than my previous desk. I opened the file and tried to understand it. But there was no use how much concentrate I was giving. I couldn't understand a single data. I was best in my job. Everyone would appreciate me including my boss but now it seemed I didn't know anything.  I decided to do it now I can't go back. I only concentrated into file. I was trying to understand it. First, it was new company for me and most important thing, I didn't know anything  about this company.
I started to understand few data. Someone interrupted me, "it's lunch time." I heard cheerful female voice.
I looked towards voice. She was my colleague and next desk mate. I gave her smile, "sorry, I forget about time."
She smiled, "let's go with us for lunch." I accepted her offer with wholeheartedly.
I was with my department colleagues. We went to canteen. We took our plates and came on the table. It was group made of some males and females employees. I introduced myself, "hi, I am Natasha. I am new joining."
They all smiled. One of my colleague said, "hi, I am Sonam. Sorry in behalf of our boss. He gave you a lot of works in your first day."
I smiled, "it's ok. I will try to give my best."
Another colleague said, "I am deep. If you need any help, you can ask me anytime." I thanked him. We were talking and enjoying our meals. I was feeling relax with them. They all were nice to me.
I heard ringtone on my mobile. I looked at the screen. It was new number. I attended the call, "hello."
I heard the voice from other side, "hello madam, it's me... Naveen." I excused myself from my colleagues and came out outside from canteen.
I smiled, "yeah."
He asked, "did you take your lunch or I will order for you?"
I asked with excitement, "Have Karan asked you to ask me?"
He said with hesitation, "no .. I am asking because it is your first day."
I was disappointed. But it was my decision to pretend to not know each other. I put fake smile on my face. I knew he was not looking me but I did, "it's ok. I am taking lunch with my colleagues. Bye."
I cut the call. I came back to table.
After few minutes, I received again call. As I looked at screen, a smile came on my lips naturally. I attended the call with excitement, "hello"
"Where are you? Sameera told me you didn't take your lunch box with you." He asked with concern.
I smiled, "I am in canteen and I already took lunch from canteen."
"But it's not hygiene and healthy. How can you eat canteen food." He scolded me.
"It's tasty and I like it. By the way, your every employee eats it. Then why can't I eat it?" I asked with wondering.
"You are not like them." He said with stubborn.
"But I like it. Bye I will talk to you later otherwise my colleagues will suspect to whom I am talking so much."
"Ok bye take care. I will see you at home."
"Ok bye" I cut the call.

At evening, I reached at home. Sameera was waiting for me in hall. We sat on the couch together. She complained, "I miss you so much."
I laughed, "it's only ten hours ago when you see me. Why does it seem like you saw me after many years?"
She also laughed, "those hours like years for me."
Both of us laughed. She asked with excitement, "tell me how was your first day?"
I gave him a bright smile, "it was tiring but I enjoyed it."
She asked with concerned, "why did you choose that department when I denied it? You don't need to do hard work. This job for your time pass. Why are you taking it seriously?"
I gave her smile, "I want to do it that's why I am doing. When I got bore or any problem, I will tell you."
"Fine, but if kavish gives you hard time, tell me, I will talk to him." She assured me.
I asked with shocking, "do you know him?"
She nodded with smile, "he is our cousin but Karan and he has their issues few years ago. From then, they are not in good terms."
Ohh! Now, I understood why he was talking about Karan like that.
Sameera and I talked about how I spend my day in office.

After four days,
It's last day and I will have to submit my work to Mr kavish. The following day was deadline to my work. It would prove my ability in front of him. I wanted to give my best that's why I was working hard.
I felt Karan's breath of my neck. If I was not busy in work, I will definitely be blushing. But I focused on my work. Karan put his head on my neck and looked at laptop screen what I was doing. He said in annoyed voice, "now, it's enough. I told you hundredth times that you don't need to do work hard."
I smiled and replied, "I told you hundredth times that I want it."
He sighed, "I will talk to kavish about it."
I looked at him and warned, "you will not do it. I told you let me handle my work." I made my face, "he already judge me because of your girlfriend. I don't want to make it complicated. Please don't talk him about it." I requested last sentence.
He took a deep breath, "okay I won't but finish your work fastly. He doesn't like late comers." I smiled and nodded.
After finishing work, I looked at bed where he was laying. I went to near him. He was sleeping. I smiled and switched off the light and laid next to him. As I laid, he held my waist with his arms. I asked in surprised, "I thought you slept."
"How can I sleep without you? You know very well." He kissed on my cheek. I smiled. I was tried that's why I slept as I closed my eyes.

The following day, I was standing in front of Mr kavish. He was looking my work. After finishing his inspection, he looked at me and asked, "Has he helped you?"
I smirked, "you know him better than me. How can he help when he doesn't know about it?"
I saw his smile but he covered quickly with emotionless face. He sighed, "alright, you have passed. Which post do you want in my department?"
I acted to think but I already decided what I wanted. After few minutes, I innocently replied, "I want to do work under your supervision. I want to be your assistant."
He looked at me with wondering, "what did you say?"
"You heard me right. I know many aspects but I am not smart as you. I want to learn from you." I told him with respectfully.
"Is your boyfriend know what you say?" He asked with raising his eyebrows.
"We already decided that he will not interfere into my work place. And I already told you please don't mention about him in front of anyone. I don't want anyone judge me because of his girlfriend. I want to be judge by my work." I told him confidently.
"Fine, I won't do it from now. But you should think before be my assistant. It's not easy to do work with me. I have my rules and I am strict about my work." He warned me again.
"I already made my mind. I can't go back now. And I will give my best." I told him with smile.
He smiled and nodded, "fine, I don't have any problem. From now on, let's work together."
I smiled brightly.
After that, I got busy into my work. I had no time for thinking any useless stuff. My colleagues were nice to me that's why it was easy to do work into office. Sometimes, I missed my family and most important, I was worried for them.
After work place, I spend my time to gossip with sameera. Karan was busy in work but we ate dinner together. I was became their family. Sameera likes to spend her time with me. And Karan, he was different with me. He cares me, listens me and does what I wanted. He was best for me. Sometimes, I thought I deserve him or not. I think I was falling in love with him but I had many doubts into mind for him after that I started to like him.