Yeah... That Happened

Although every part of me was telling me to let it go, my head was reeling. But even so, reason argued with me. He didn't know. He was oblivious to what he interrupted. Kaminari couldn't possibly know what Shigaraki was doing here, but he still completely ignored his presence. 

There he was, standing in front of me with a stupid grin and his hands in his pocket, but it wasn't like before when I found him cute. Now that Shigaraki has shown me another side of him, Kaminari was just another cliche. Everything from his teasing to his quirk that was the exact opposite of mine: how could I stand it? 

"Kimiko, do you want to hang out sometime? I know this cool restaurant nearby," he trailed off, his golden eyes staring intensely at me.

Blood rushed to my face. It wasn't that I was nervous, or that I liked him, but his gaze... The way he shamelessly raked his eyes over my body, blatantly staring where he knows he shouldn't, watching my lips in a way that hinted at his not-so-hidden desire. It sent shivers down my spine. Pervert.

"I have to go."

My brief statement seemed to be enough to get rid of him because when I started walking, he didn't utter another word. I sensed Kaminari's eyes on my back as I left. It wasn't until I rounded the corner that I was truly free.

A relieved sigh escaped my lips as I slumped against a fence to my right. I closed my eyes, trying to remember all of the events today that led up to me being alone and in pain.

The pain. With Kaminari showing up in front of my house out of nowhere, my muscles, filled with shooting pain from intense training, had been clenched with caution. However... with his absence, all of the temporary strength I had left me drained.

Where could I go from here? Shigaraki was long gone, I didn't have the money to buy a cab or a hotel room, and there was nothing I wanted less than to see the UA pervert again. I scanned the empty street for anything I could use, or anywhere I could go, but the fence behind me was the only blockade to my solace. It was still on my property, and I wouldn't have to face that sleazeball again. 

I reached for the top of the fence, the pointed tips digging into my skin before I could get a decent grip of it. My muscles and bones were sore, but the embarrassment being seen like this drove me to force my arms to pull me up, and over the 6-foot tall fence keeping me from home. For a brief moment, it looked like my landing would be onto a soft bush as I dropped down, but my eyes didn't see the tree branch at my ribs. The rough wood caught me by surprise, and I fell the rest of the difference to the dirt, losing all breath in my lungs. 

There was no way I would get into the shelter of my house, but at least I wouldn't have to see another person without consent. None of my body parts seemed to be working, so I laid there, defeated, twitching whenever a breeze disturbed my rest. Recovery girl would never let me hear the end of this, and UA would certainly keep me working no matter my physical condition, and the League will never be satisfied with the amount of information I bring in; would there be an escape to this madness eventually? 

~~~

After sleeping outside in the chilly air for a night, I was thankful to have enough energy to limp inside and collapse onto my silk-covered bed. The first aid kit was in the bathroom, but nothing in the small supply box would make a significant difference: only rest or professional help would. 

Even though there were still classes at UA, a thought that I pushed to the back of my head was warning me I wouldn't make it. I wasn't going anywhere until I could move without straining myself.