Love Kills Slowly Chap. 3

This morning had been quite eventful: I had to give Matt my lunch money, locker key and phone charm. In return, He gave me all his homework. There's no way I can't do his homework, I'd never see the end of it. Someone needed to sort him out, he's a thug. My parents wouldn't care - they have no time for me.  I'll have to fend for myself... meaning that I'll let myself get shoved around.  

 It was time for lunch, so I trudged into the cafeteria, and sat at an empty table.  Luckily, I still had an apple that I had brought with me, so I began to eat that.

"Hey! You're the new girl, aren't you? Can I sit next to you?!?"

I turned my head to see a short, smiley girl standing next to me. Instantly attracted by her bubbly nature, I nodded at her, as she sat down.

"What's your name?"

"Christina." I grimly replied, stupidly spitting out half eaten apple bits.

"I'm Rae! Christina is such a pretty name! I had a great grandma who was called Christina, but she died before I was born, so I didn't know her. My Uncle is called Chris, which is close to Christina......." Rae quickly continued, wiping the apple off with a smile.

There was something I liked about her, although she talked way too much. At least I have a friend now, I thought to myself.

"....And then she was all like 'POMEGRANATE!' hahahaha. Wasn't that funny?!? Tell me a bit about yourself!" Rae finished.

"I'm 17, and I come from Sheffield, but I moved here because of my dad's job. He's a manager of the 'Bells Medicinal Company.' We're always moving, and I'm only staying here for five weeks, before we set off again." I muttered.

"That's so awesome!! Bells Medicinal Company... That's all over the news now! You guys have the cure for cancer!! That's Epic!!" She said.

I looked at her; she was of average build, had black, frizzy hair, and had these pretty, green eyes. I smiled at her in admiration.  

The rest of the day dragged by, and soon it was the end of school. I took the bus home with Rae and we chatted on the way. I discovered that she was 16, and had a brother called Alex. Her favourite bands were Avenged Sevenfold and Bring Me The Horizon. I had no idea who they were, so I just nodded along. Finally our stop came, and I was almost glad of it.

"Hey Christina, do you want to come over to my house on Saturday? I'm having a party, and my parents aren't in."

I smiled, and nodded. She wrote down her address, and then walked home. I waved goodbye, and finished my lonely route to home... or at least I thought.

Note: Chapter Three!! I'm on holiday, so I can update more regularly (: Woopee!