Don't Know What To Do

"I want to tell you that I really like your solo track.  I've been listening to it nonstop." Taehyung was trying to break the silence between us awkwardly.

"I didn't come here to talk about my solo track."

"Then, why did you come? I hope not to convince me to get back together? I thought that  after what I said to you that day that you wouldn't want to see my face again? Wasn't I clear enough that I wanted to move on from us?"

"You were very clear with your words, but they don't make sense."

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought about this long and hard. You see, if you were just a player trying to get me to sleep with you, you didn't need to confess to me after the fact.  Likewise, the day you broke up with me, you were just texting me earlier how much you missed me. All of a sudden, you called me to meet with you the same day and you ended it just like that? The whole thing doesn't  make sense."

"I'm moody and I change my mind often, how's that for clarity?" Taehyung didn't sound convincing.

"I don't buy it and I don't buy your acting, either." I finally looked at Taehyung and the words that came out of his mouth didn't mirror the expression in his eyes.

"Acting? Didn't you see me with Joy the next day?"

"Was that a set-up, too?"

"Set-up?"

"Yes, set-up. It's that word that means purposely doing something sneaky to trick someone."

"And if it was, so what?"

"So what?" I started laughing sarcastically. "Be honest with me once and for all. Did you break it off because you finally realized that you can't continue to jeopardize your career over us --- that I'm not worth fighting for?"

I was trying to stay strong and blink back the tears, to no avail. "If that was the case, all you needed was to tell me the truth. I get it. You didn't need to say those hurtful words and do all those elaborate schemes. It was utter disrespect. No one deserves to be treated the way you treated me!"

Silence.

Taehyung walked towards the couch , bent his knees in front of me, and held my hands. He kept his head down. "Please don't think that. Please believe that what I'm doing is for your own good."

"I swallowed my pride to come over here knowing that I might get humiliated in front of your friends. None of that mattered to me because you're worth it. Please allow me some dignity and tell me the truth. You owe me that at least."

The intercom  rang and we both looked at the door.

Taehyung got up and answered the intercom. I heard Jisoo's voice. Taehyung opened the door. Jisoo quickly bowed to Taehyung, gave him the most lethal stare, and practically ran to my side.

"Chaeyoungie, let's go. You have no business being in here. Let's talk about this at home and move on. The car is waiting downstairs." He looked at Taehyung and stared him down.

"Taehyung, we're leaving. This isn't the right time and place to talk about this. Please thank Oppa Jin for me." Taehyung nodded his head and bowed to Jisoo.

That was my cue. I can't fight for something the other person is not willing to give. I need to move on, no matter how hard.

I took the coat that Jisoo gave me, looked at Taehyung one last time, and I slowly walked out of his life.