Don't Leave Me

I'm lying in bed, listening to Chopin, trying to clear my head.  Why do I continue to screw things up with Rose  even without trying? 

The rest of my brothers have been quiet around me since the incident with Rose.  We usually talk about our disagreements before the end of the day and try to talk things out the same day.  We haven't gotten a chance to sit down and talk because of our schedule.

The knock on the door had interrupted my musings.

"An-eulo deul-eo oseyo."

Hyung Namjoon poked his head by the door.  "Taehyung-gi, do you want to come to the living room --- meeting time."

We walked together to the living room where everyone is gathered around.

"Before anyone says anything,  I want to apologize to everyone for unnecessarily involving all of you with my relationship."

"Tae, we're your family and we're brothers.  We have your back.  Whatever you're going through affects all of us.  We want you to have your privacy but if you need help, we're all here." I appreciated Jimin's sincerity.

"We're just disappointed in the way you treated a lovely girl like Rose.  We always said that we will stay away from one each other when it comes to dating, but when you directly involve us in it, we have no choice. We will call you out if you're being a douche." Jin added.

"I'm not sorry for hitting you.  You know what you did to Rose was uncalled for.  I got to know her and she's like a sister to me.  I would always defend my sister.  I hope you understand."  Hyung Hoseok explained.

"No hard feelings.  I'm glad you defended her from me."

"It's really not our place, but you're not making sense lately.  A few months ago, you told us you wanted to call your father and wanted to get engage.  Then all of a sudden you treated her like she's contagious and can't be bothered with her.  Now, you're happy that Hyung Hobi defended her? What 's wrong with you?" Jungkook was frustrated at me.

I stayed quiet and looked at Hyung Namjoon.  He looked at me with concern in his eyes.  I always respected what he thinks and what he has to say. I had no choice but to tell them the truth. 

I was about to tell Rose everything that day, if we weren't interrupted by Jisoo.  I was mentally exhausted that day and didn't want to fight with anyone.

"Here it is in a nutshell.  I had to break up with Rose because there's a person threatening her life.  If I continue to date her, I'm putting her in danger."

"Whaaa?!" Everyone said in unison.

I told them about the text, the letter, and the talk with the CEO of YG.

"YG is not as lenient as Big Hit.  They don't allow their talents to date.  Unlike us, as long as we keep it private."

"Again, not our business, but you're just gonna give up on the two of you?  We could tell she's really into you and we know you're serious about her."

"I don't know.  I want to tell her what's going on first, because she doesn't know the real reason I broke up with her."

"Aish, you're such an idiot, Taehyung,  This isn't one of your Hwarang K-dramas.  You really need to grow up and stop wasting all our time! Man-up!" Hyung Yoong-gi was shaking his head and pretty much told me to get my sh$t together.

"Okay, then.  Moving on,  US Vogue is making a historic cover of us on their next month's issue.  They also want to do a second spread of the biggest k-pop acts."

"Wow!"

Everyone started talking about this and that, excited for the photo shoot in two days.  I stayed quiet like always and faded in the background, thinking if Rose will be there.