7

Chapter Seven - Full House

"Ooh try this on!" Michelle exclaims as she hands me a pink knitted jumper.

I smile before taking the bundle of clothing into the changing room while she mumbles about searching for more. Ever since I started living at the ranch Michelle has been kind enough to go out and buy me some clothes. But as soon as my pay checks had been transferred to my account along with my trust fund money I wanted to grab a few things myself to fill my wardrobe.

I try everything on and two out of the six things don't fit me right which I decide to put back. When I walk back out and drop the clothes I like in the basket Michelle has another bundle ready for me. I chuckle and tell her not to find anymore before trying them on too. We eventually head to the checkout and I pay for the items.

We scope out another two stores before grabbing food. I find myself enjoying spending time with her but at some points I find myself missing my mom terribly. We would always have quality time together which would involve shopping, grabbing ice cream or takeaway and getting pampered. Dad would sometimes get jealous of our girl time too and his reactions would be so funny. God, I miss you guys, I think to myself sadly.

"Are you okay, honey?" Michelle asks and it snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just got lost in my thoughts. My mom and I would spend time together by shopping." I felt the need to explain in case I came across as rude and watch her eyes soften in response.

"Is she –"

"She died of breast cancer when I was in my last year of high school. My dad died three years ago too." I smile sadly when she takes my hand and squeezes it reassuringly.

"Well, I'm sure they must be very proud of how far you've come." Her words make me smile brightly and I nod.

"Thank you. I hope so too."

"Now, shall we look around some more shops before heading back?" She asks and I agree before we throw away the trash. "I can't wait to see my boys!"

"Hunter and Judah, right?" I frown in confusion.

"Yes! It's mine and Evan's anniversary in a few days so I demanded that they come home to celebrate with us since Roman and Ryder will be home until then too." She smiles excitedly as we walk into a shoe store. "It'll be a full house again!"

Roman had returned to Houston for work and Ryder had flown to Canada for a few days to deal with meetings. I can't help but feel nervous at the thought of meeting the other brothers. What if they react badly like Ryder did? I think to myself in dread. But they could also be nice like Roman, Theo and Noah.

"Don't you worry about them, Ella." Michelle pats my shoulder reassuringly. "All my boys are very sweet. Ryder's just always been a bit cranky and reserved."

I chuckle at her words and she winks cheekily in response before pulling me over to the shoe racks. I try some on and eventually pick a pair of sneakers, boots and flats each. We continue shopping until the sun is about to set before we decide to call it a day and head back home. I quickly doze off in the car because we had set off quite early after breakfast and I have been having nightmares on and off about Seth, my tormentor, finding me which results in me being sleep deprived most days.

Michelle wakes me up when we reach home and we grab the bags before making our way inside. Apparently Roman and Ryder are back home. Theo helps me take them upstairs and I thank him as we walk back down to where Michelle is scolding Evan for sleeping when he was supposed to be minding Noah. Speaking of the youngster, Noah hobbles in with Ryder only to freeze when he spots Michelle glaring at him with crossed arms.