10

Chapter Ten - Nightmarish Reality

My eyes snap open when I hear a bloodcurdling scream echo throughout the house. Instant dread settles deep into my bones as I hear it again. I get up and make my way towards the door as quietly as I can. It's still dark outside which only adds to my terror. Fear courses through my veins as the thumps and cries get louder when I open the door. I walk downstairs only for my eyes to widen in horror at the sight that greets me.

The entire Jackson family are tied up and kneeling on the ground. Blood pools around them on the floor and their bodies are covered in open wounds. But what makes me whimper in fright is the familiar man who turns to me with a manic grin on his lips. Seth. His hazel eyes gleam dangerously and bright red blood covers his otherwise pale skin. I spot a knife in one hand and a gun in the other which makes me stiffen.

"Glad you could join us, Bella." He chuckles darkly as he walks up to me.

"S-Seth...please, let them go!" I cry out when he pounces and tangles his fingers into my hair.

"Let them go?!" He roars as he shoves me to the ground. "They helped you hide from me –"

"No! They didn't know! Please, Seth! Hurt me, not them!" I beg as tears stream down my cheeks.

He yanks me up and knees me in the stomach repeatedly before backhanding me. I gasp in pain as I struggle to breath but as he steps towards me I scoot back uselessly. Ryder shouts profanities at him and I scream loudly when Seth slits his throat to silence him. My body heaves as my sobs echo in the room, joining the other's cries. Theo struggles to get up and fight Seth but he only shoots him in the forehead, stopping him before he can even lay a hand on him.

"Seth, stop!" I shriek helplessly as I watch Theo's body fall to the ground.

"Did you really think you were safe here, Bella?" He sneers as he marches back to me. "Did you really think I wouldn't find you?!"

I scream in pain when he drags the knife deeply across my cheek. "Please! Please, stop!"

"You had me waste my time to find you! Now you're going to suffer!" He snarls before turning and shooting everyone multiple times until they dropped to the floor.

I can't stop crying. I can't stop screaming. This is all too much. The family who took me in and kept me safe is now dead...because of me.

"Your hell begins now, Ella. Welcome back." Seth grins crazily as he slams my head into the ground.

I wake up with a gasp from the horrifying nightmare I just had. Sitting up in bed I wait for my breathing to normalize before realizing that I'm still in my dress from last night and that I didn't take my makeup off either. But a quiet snore catches my attention and I turn to see Ryder sleeping soundly beside me. He looks much more peaceful here than he does during the day.

With a deep sigh I get out of bed as quietly as I can so I don't wake him. I make my way into the bathroom with my pajamas and decide to take a shower since I feel disgusting with sweat running down my back. The nightmare, like every other one, has truly shaken me.

I turn on the water and take off my dress. It pools around my feet as I step towards the sink and begin the process of removing my ruined makeup. I grimace at how terrible I look from all that crying before cleansing my skin. Once I feel clean and fresh again I tie my hair up before stepping into the shower.

A content sigh escapes me as the hot water runs down my body. I lather it with a rose smelling shower gel before rinsing. After spending more time than necessary under the warm, comforting stream I eventually get out and dry myself off. I quickly put on some moisturizing lotion on my body before changing into pajamas.