22

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 22. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. ***

Chapter Twenty-Two - Only You

I finally make it back home around eight thirty. I'm exhausted and craving both food and my bed. Making my way up the driveway I sigh in relief at the fact that the entire cast has been finalized today and that I'm not running behind schedule. After this musical I'm for sure treating myself. But I'm a few steps away from the door when I hear some shuffling and it makes me stiffen in fright.

"Ella." The familiar voice makes me freeze and the craving of my comfy bed is long forgotten.

Regaining my composure, I turn around to be greeted by Ryder standing by the garage. I almost crumble, almost. He looks as handsome as ever and I find myself thinking why on earth did I have to fall so hard for him?

"Yes, Ryder?"

"Can we talk?" He sighs and runs a hand through his hair tiredly.

"Sure." I reply tensely but not at all comfortable with the idea considering how our last talk ended.

He nods to the pathway that leads to his cabin and I fall into step beside him, but I make sure to put some space between us. It's quiet for a moment before he exhales deeply and I notice that his brows are furrowed as he thinks.

"I heard you've been looking for a new place." He starts softly yet his voice holds some edge to it.

"How did you find out?" I frown in confusion.

"Mom saw you on your laptop looking at listings one day." He elaborates and I bite my lip nervously.

"Oh. I am, yeah." I admit as my gaze moves from one thing to another, not really focusing on anything.

"Why?"

A bubble of humorless laughter escapes me which brings us both to a stop. I turn to him with an incredulous expression as I wonder if he's serious. But when I'm met with nothing but silence and confused baby blues I sigh sadly and shake my head.

"We've made things awkward, especially in the house. Everyone's walking around us on eggshells – don't deny it, Ryder." I plead softly when he opens his mouth to protest. I walk inside his cabin first while hearing him shut the door behind us. "I respect your decision to stop things from going any further between us but this is your home. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable here so, I decided that I'll move out."

"My decision was fucking stupid!" He snaps angrily and stares at me with longing which has me reeling in surprise. "I let her get into my head and she ruined everything! Just like she always does!"

His eyes are cold with restrained fury as he paces in front of me but his words confuse me. I stop him with my hand to his chest as I look up into his eyes that are silently begging me to understand. But, I can't understand anything until he tells me.

"Who are you talking about and how did she ruin everything?" I frown and sense that I am about to uncover something about Ryder that he has kept locked away.