9

***Warning: This chapter includes mature themes of rape, abuse and violence. You have been advised.***

Chapter Nine - Closing In

I get changed into the dress I have bought for tonight's party. It's a gunmetal silver sequin dress with long balloon sleeves. It fits like a glove and I feel much more comfortable in this since it covers everything. Only my legs from the knees down can be seen. I wear the silver heels to match before picking out some earrings and rings.

Noah needed an outfit too so this morning we had both gone to the mall to get clothes. While we were there we bought flowers and chocolates for Evan and Michelle too. The party starts in an hour and I'm glad I'm on time. I've curled my hair loosely just how I like it and put on natural makeup since the dress itself is quite fancy.

Spritzing on some perfume and taking one last look in the mirror I grab my bag before making my way downstairs. The men look amazing in their suits and Michelle wears a beautiful blue dress which I compliment her on. She smiles excitedly before we all get into the cars and make our way to the hotel where the party will be held tonight.

As we walk into the ballroom my jaw drops over how big and luxurious it is. It's decorated beautifully with a dance floor, buffet tables and a large cake. I immediately get swept into the crowd as Michelle and Evan introduce me to what seems like the entire guest list. I find myself meeting the eyes of each Jackson brother at some point and they only laugh at the polite smile that's glued to my face for most of the evening.

Eventually, Judah grabs me and whisks me off to the dance floor which makes my eyes widen even more. "I-I can't dance!"

"Neither can I! Just wing it!" He laughs before gesturing for me to copy his moves.

I find myself relaxing and having a great time before Hunter takes my hand and pulls me to the food table. Noah is already there loading his plate up with everything on offer while Roman shakes his head at him. I laugh at them before grabbing something to eat too and we make our way to the table where Ryder and Theo sit.

As we're eating a lot of Noah's classmates come up to ask about him. The cheeky thing keeps smirking at his brothers whenever a girl walks up to him which eventually earns him a smack to the head by both Roman and Theo. After dinner Michelle and Evan give a small speech before cutting the cake which is passed onto everyone by the staff.

"Come on Ella, back to the dance floor." Judah states when the music starts again.

"No! Find someone else! My feet hurt!" I laugh when he just ignores me and pulls me up.

"I'm joining!" Hunter exclaims excitedly and accompanies us.

We get swept into the crowd of moving bodies and I eventually forget about my sore feet as I match my movements to the rhythm. At some point even Theo and Noah join us but Noah's awkward dancing with his crutch makes me laugh. That doesn't seem to stop him from having fun and some of his classmates crowd around him while cheering encouragingly.

Roman and Ryder are the only ones not dancing and are at the bar instead but they eventually come to the dance floor when Michelle and Evan dance. Everyone is cheering as they waltz around and I smile when they look at each other with so much love. I wish I can have that someday too.

The night carries on and everyone enjoys themselves wholeheartedly. Hunter and I raid the desserts table a few times because apparently he has quite the sweet tooth. Judah tries to set Roman up with someone which doesn't go down well and earns him a hard punch. Theo is quite the opposite and basks in the attention of women...before Noah ends up ruining it. Ryder shakes his head in amusement when he finds Hunter and I before joining us to get a view of all that's happening at the party. I learn a lot about the townsfolk from them as they point out people.