The Jackson Series: Book 2!

The 2nd book in The Jackson Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book!

If you're interested to read more about the Jackson family, check out His Dreamer on my profile!

This book is also on Inkitt! Download the app by clicking on the link in my bio/announcement posts. Follow my profile and put my book in your reading list.

Excerpt:

With a family that wants nothing to do with her and nobody by her side to pick her up when she falls, Zoe Miller is struggling to make her dreams a reality.

But things change when she runs into Hunter Jackson. Both hate each other with a burning passion from the start but that quickly changes as Hunter starts to care for the sweet yet sassy redhead.

As they fall for each other, a family ridden with greed and ill intentions threaten to break them apart. But somewhere along the way, Zoe finds everything she's looking for in Hunter.

It's now a test of whether their love will survive.

***

"Did you really have to hit him?" I ask quietly as I move to clean the cut on his lip and cheekbone.

"Yes."

I smack his chest lightly with a glare. "All we had to do was walk away, Hunt. You can't just go around hitting people, especially at someone else's house!"

"Zoe, he's a sleaze bag! He harasses women every chance he can get!" He argues as I apply ointment to everywhere besides his lip.

"Still Hunter, you shouldn't have -"

"He deserved it and I'm not sorry about ruining his stupid face!" He crosses his arms with an adamant huff.

I close the kit with a slam before standing and making my way back to the bathroom. "I can't believe I'm in love with an idiot."

"Wait...you love me?" I freeze before turning to face him slowly. Fuck me, did I say that out loud?! I think to myself in horror.

"Uh...it depends..."

"On what?" He frowns in confusion as he stands.

"If you love me too?" I ask bravely while my poor heart hammers away in my chest.

He shakes his head with an amused chuckle before staring at me with...adoration? "I love you too."

I blink in surprise before nodding my head dazedly. "Good."

"Great." He grins widely as we just stand there staring at each other. "Can I have a kiss now?"

"What for? Breaking someone's nose? I don't think so."