02 | end of a lover

* * *

* * *

« aditya's pov: »

° ° °

8th August, 2017: Kolkata

"What is your problem?" I snapped at her.
"My problem? I don't seem to see my problem here Aditya, it's you who has a problem. Stop pestering me for every little thing!" she shot back.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Calm down, Aditya.

"Aisha, love, I am only asking you where you were from the past two hours. Arav is four months old. Have you really lost your senses." I said, harsher than I had intended to.

She stayed silent and stared, just stared at me. There was something off about her gaze. I frowned. She blinked as I watched her eyes well up and then as she fell to her knees. I took in a sharp breath and instantly sat by her side, placing my hands gently on her arms as she shook, sobbing. Shit!

"I am, I am tired Adi. I-I can't do this. You are n-never home and it tough, it is tou-tough damnit." she cried out making my heart clenched.

Wrapping my arms around her, I cradled her crouched body in my arms as she cried. I was about to say something when my phone rang, breaking the silence. I cursed under my breath and looked at it's lit up screen as it rang, sitting on the coffee table.

Retrieving my arms from around Aisha's body, I reached for the phone. Frowning at the Id, I picked it up.

"Hello." I said calmly, watching Aisha sit up.

As his voice boomed into my ears, I watched Aisha's every move.

"Really? Now?" as I said this Aisha looked at me through bloodshot eyes making me feel guilty.

"Okay, I am coming." I sighed, hanging up.

I looked at Aisha helplessly as she pressed her lips into a thin line and smiled forcefully, nodding. I could feel the pain in her eyes but I had to leave, this deal was important.

I stood up and leaned over kissing her forehead and letting my lips linger there for a bit before smiling lightly at her, "I am sorry, I will be back soon, I promise." she simply nodded.

And with that, I left.

• • •

I was tired. Actually, that was an understatement; I was exhausting I had been working for the past seven hours and couldn't even think straight.