19 | married again

* * *

* * *

third person's pov:

° ° °

17th July, 2020: New Delhi

A frown took over Aditya's face as he watched Rhea smile at her phone, her fingers padding furiously against the touchscreen device. She looked up at Aditya, her lips pressed together.

"Um," She hummed, unsure how to start. Aditya cocked his eyebrow at her, silently asking her to continue, "Could you possibly look  after the kids tonight?" She asked, hopefully.

"And why is that?" Aditya pressed.

"Well, Mark has managed to get in contact with some of our old friends and they have planned an outing tonight and I am going; so can you look after them?" She asked again, hopefully. Aditya sighed, sipping lightly on his tea.

"Abhinav can look after them, I'll come with you." She frowned, furrowing her brows.

"What? No." She stated, making him roll his eyes, "Look, you will be out till late I assume, since you said 'tonight' and I do not want to risk your safety. I won't bother you guys, I just will help you back home." She was slowly growing agitated.

"I appreciate your concern but I am not a twelve year old and I can take care of myself. Besides, they are all my friends." She reasoned, "Old friends," he corrected, placing his mug on the table, "You don't know them anymore. All of you guys have changed over the years, what if your interests don't match?" He retorted, "Where are you guys going anyway?"

"My bar square,"  She stated and watched as his eyebrows rose to the skies, "Rhea you are a mother."

She lost her cool at this, "Excuse me? So, you are telling me I can't go out for a drink because I'm a mother? Wait, I went out with you and I believe we did have wine at our table. So, let me guess, I am only allowed to drink when I have my dear husband around me, isn't it?" She shot up, standing from the couch, "Well, guess what? I am going whether you allow me or not? Because even if I am a mother, I still have a life." She snapped, strutting off to her room.

He shook his head. She hadn't understood what he was trying to say. Well, alright, his last sentence was pretty harsh and unnecessary but he just didn't want her to be in trouble. He took his phone out and dialed Abhinav's number.

"Hey, can you look after the kids for a little bit tonight?"

....

It was around 8:00 pm when Rhea had stepped out in a beautiful black knee-length dress that hugged her body in just the right places. The long sleeves made the dress classy as ever, the silver pumps just adding to it.. She was slightly guilty about the fact that she had snapped at Aditya but at that moment it seemed to make sense.