17 | a ride to remember

* * *

* * *

third person's pov:

° ° °

9th July, 2021: Countryside

The next day dragged as Ishika and Arav played in their beautiful garden while Rhea and Aditya worked in silence; occasionally saying a few words to each other, here and there. Rhea thought Aditya had shrugged off her words, little did she know, Aditya was planning and planning well.

The following day, aditya had woken up earlier than usual. He was nervous; too damn nervous and... confused? Somehow, he could not remember the last time he had actually planned so much for someone or even the time when he had even thought of spending a day with... his child.

Huffing, he stood up, starting to get dressed. When he was happy with his appearance, he stepped out, only to find Rhea, standing in the balcony, rinsing her hair. The sudden movement caught Rhea's eyes. She looked in his direction and frowned, slightly. Aditya took in a deep breath, walking up to her with a tight-lipped smile.

"Morning," he rasped out and she nodded, muttering a 'good morning' under her breath, she stared him up and down, "Are you, um, are you going for some work?"

He looked at her confused, "What? No, I, uh, there is a carnival nearby and, and I thought, I could, uh, we could go there. I, uh, I was considering, uh, your, uh, idea. I, I think, uh, I would like to, uh, I would like to bond with, uh, Arav." Aditya rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly. The amount of times he had said the word 'uh' messed with Rhea's mind. She chuckled at his nervousness, shaking her head.

"He is your son, you shouldn't be so nervous. Loosen up." He scoffed, rolling his eyes at this, easy for you to say, "Also, " she paused, raising her eyebrows up and looking him up and down again, "It's not a meeting, change into something more casual."

He looked down at himself then at her, "What's wrong with this?" He shrugged making Rhea roll her eyes, "It's a day out with your kid butt it looks like you are going to sue a client of yours." Rhea chuckled as Aditya rolled his eyes, smiling softly.

"Alright," He sighed, "I'll get changed. Oh, and you and the kids should start getting dressed too."

What was amusing was how comfortable they were becoming around each other. It wasn't as awkward as the first few days and that brought relief to Rheaa. The fact that he could at least try to be a good father to both the children, gave her a sort of... peace.

They were all ready by eleven o'clock and even though Rhea was quite concerned about whether the carnival would be open already, she did not say a word, looking at the kids and Aditya's excitement. Surprisingly, the carnival was open and people were actually there. Arav and Ishika couldn't stop jumping. Their eyes moved from one ride to the other as they kept on saying., "That one!"