12 | farmhouse chaos

* * *

* * *

third person's pov:

° ° °

4th July, 2021: New Delhi

Saying that Rhea was angry would be an understatement; she was furious. How dare he? How could he say things like that about her without knowing anything; without even trying to get to know her? Taking a deep breath she stepped back into the room and plopped down between both the children, hugging them close to her body, trying to calm herself.

On the other hand Aditya stood outside the door with his head held down. As soon as Rhea had fled the scene, he cursed himself. What was he thinking? She hadn't done anything to make him question her, then why could he not be civil about her. Letting out a deep breath, he raised his hand and knocked lightly on her door.

Rhea tore her eyes away from the spot she had been angrily staring at the past minute and instead looked at the door which creaked open, revealing a sleep deprived Aditya standing with his 'sorry' demeaner. Rhea sat up and looked away from him with her jaw clenched.

"I," he trailed off.

He couldn't say it. He just couldn't say it. He knew it would mean absolutely nothing to her. A sorry would almost be equivalent to no effort and concern at all but he did not know how to apologize to her except for muttering those three words. So, he took a deep breath, stuffed his hands into the pockets of his sweats and looked away,

"I apologize if my words hurt you back there," he paused, "I didn't mean it that way," Rhea scoffed without letting him complete and turned her head to glare at him.

"Really? Because it doesn't seem like it," she hissed, "If you didn't mean it, you would've never said it in the first place."

He remained silent, not knowing what to tell her; because she was correct, she was correct. He did mean it. He meant every single one of those words back then yet, he was feeling... guilty. Why was he feeling guilty?

"Look," she paused, taking a deep breath, "You can leave, you know. You don't need to do this. As it is, it will not make a difference. It's better if the both of us can get some sleep instead." she stated curtly, turning her head away.

Aditya chose to stay silent. He said nothing, absolutely nothing. Instead, curtly nodding, he turned on his heels and walked straight out of the room. Making his way swiftly down the stairs, he plopped down on the couch, covering himself with a duvet and shutting his eyes trying to get some sleep.

The night passed by in the blur. While the both of them were getting dressed and cursing one another, what they could not expect was a surprise waiting for them at the breakfast table. It was around seven in the morning, too early for anyone to function when Rhea quietly crept down the stairs in an attempt to be a good newly wed bride and cook something for everyone.