06 | the awful first lunch

* * *

* * *

« rhea's pov: »

° ° °

13th May, 2021: New Delhi

"Mumma! I am hungry." I groaned, this was the third time she was grumbling.
"We are almost home, just a minute Ishu." I assured her, suppressing my urge to grit my teeth.

"Papa, even I am hungry!" Arav grumbled next. My eyes almost reflexively went towards Aditya, who was looking at the back seat through the looking glass.

"Arav, quite." he curtly said and Arav shut up, his face turning emotionless. I frowned.

"Stop the car by that restaurant, just there." I said, pointing at the sidewalk. His head snapped towards me as he furrowed his eyebrows.
"What? Park the car, please." I stated.

Not bothering and still confused, he drove to the parking lot beside the restaurant and parked the car. Opening my seatbealt and getting out of the car, I opened the back door. The kids looking at me with their eyes lit up. I softly smiled, looking at them.

"Come on kids, let's feed your little stomachs, shall we?" I asked as Ishu squealed, giggling and jumped out.

I looked at Arav, who had a crooked smile on his face but nothing more than that. I reached into the car and picked him up as he stared at me with wide eyes. Holding him up in my arms as he wrapped his small ones around my neck, I looked at him and pouted.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head furiously, not saying a word.
"You know, my ma says you shouldn't be upset when you are about to eat. It affects your digestion and then there will be worms in your stomach." I lied and watched as his face spoke about the horror in his eyes.

I pressed my lips together and suppressed my laugh. Aw, I am sorry Arav but it's not nice to be upset.

"Then what should I do? I don't want worms. Ew." he made a face nagging.
"Arav, stop behaving like that." Aditya snapped, making Arav look down again.

I glared at him as he looked back at me, startled and confused. Rolling my eyes, I leaned in and whispered into Arav's ear.

"Don't listen to your papa. He is stupid." Arav giggled at this as I pressed my index finger against my lips, gesturing for him to keep quiet about it. He nodded, still giggling.
"See, now you are laughing so you will never have worms." I said, placing him down as he squealed, "Now come on, let's go okay?" I asked both of them as they nodded.