20| arav's advice

° ° °

° ° °

third person's pov:

* * *

17th July, 2020: New Delhi

The silence in Rhea’s room was too deafening. She wanted to get out of there. Go somewhere; anywhere. She sat on the bed and stared into space; her face streaked with tears. Aditya had never given her a reason to hate him. She might’ve thought he was too arrogant and a control freak but that did not mean she hated him. However, now, she wasn’t so sure.

The door clicked open and she wiped her face, gulping and knowing it must be the kids. Once she had put on a smile and looked up at the door, she spotted the kids. Arav frowned at her.

“Mumma, why did papa leave the house?” Her smile dropped when he mentioned Aditya. Her eyes fell on Ishika as she yawned, clearly uninterested. She let out a long sigh.

“He has work,” she muttered, reaching out, “Come on, let’s go to bed.”

The kids, both extremely tired, dragged their feet, walking towards her. They climbed up on the bed as all of them scotted back towards the headboard, lying down. Rhea wrapped her arms around them and pulled him close as they placed their heads on her chest and started drifting off to sleep.

The clock continued ticking and the night was passing by in a blur but sleep was far from her. She looked over at both Arav and Ishika, who had both fallen asleep. Carefully, pulling her arm out from underneath them, she sighed sitting up. With her head buried in her hands and her thoughts scattered thoughts, she let out a shaky breath.

Maybe this wasn’t such a great idea. Maybe she shouldn’t have gotten married at all. Her life had been holding up before this but now, she wasn’t so sure. He was disrespectful, arrogant and Ishika seemed to hate him too. The whole point of the marriage was giving Ishika a father but… they were far from that. He wasn’t even a part of her family yet, well, actually she wasn’t a part of his. Shooting her head up, she sniffled and walked her way out of her room. She was done for the day and needed some rest but before that she needed water.

However, she was not expecting Aditys sitting all by himself on the living room couch with a glass of liquor in his hand. Stopping in her tracks she clenched her jaw and looked away. She was not in the mood for a fight or any conversation at all.

“Rhea…” her eyes snapped up as she stared at him who was looking right back at her. Oh no!

On the other hand, saying Aditya was guilty would be an understatement. He was far from just guilty. He had left the house in anger and ended up not knowing where to go. Eventually, he had resorted to going to simply sitting on the steps and waiting for his body and mind to calm down. And once they had, the knot in his stomach tightened and he choked on air at the thought of how he had behaved. He stared up at Rhea, mentally having a battle with himself about what he should tell her. He gulped taking a step forward, slowly and making Rhea skeptical. She didn’t want what had happened in her bedroom to be repeated again. She staggered back slightly.

“Stay back,” she said in a shaky, louder than necessary voice, “If you- if you think you will ever lay a hand on me, forget it! I won’t, I won’t hesitate in telling anyone or calling the cops.”

Aditya was more than just shocked. The fact that she thought he would raise his hand at her made him drown further into his guilt.

“You think,” he started, calmly, “You think I would hit you?”

She scoffed, rolling her eyes with a disgusted expression, “After the stunt you pulled upstairs? Of course, I do!”

Aditya looked down, lowering his head with no clue as to how to apologize to her, “I…” he trailed off, sighing, “I am… sorry. I didn’t- well, I… you know―” She cut him off.  

“You need to tell me absolutely nothing Aditya. I don’t care but listen, and listen carefully. I won’t step in your way, ever again not even if you ask me to but be sure to not step in mine because next time you do and then yell at me, calling me names; God save you.” she snapped, turning on her heels and striding off. Her face was hot with anger as she scurried into her room, shutting the door behind her and leaning her head against it.

Aditya stood in the empty living hall in regret, guilt and… what not. He shook his head. He had acted out of impulse and acted like a child and he needed to apologize to her properly but how?

“How do I do that, how do I make up for my mistake?” he muttered to himself. He felt a tug on his pants and looked down, spotting Arav dressed in his pajamas, looking up at him. Arav passed him a tight lipped smile and raised his hand up, gesturing for him to get down. Aditya furrowed his brows before crouching down and tilting his head to the side.

“Make her good food, take her out and give her a beautiful kiss.” Arav smiled. Aditya’s cheeks on the other hand were on fire. The blood had rushed right up to his cheeks as he widened his eyes.

“Where did you, uh, where did you know that from?” he stammered. 

Arav’s smile dropped down as he pouted, “From a movie.”

I really need to stop letting him watch those films, for now at least. He thought to himself and shook his head before looking up at Arav once again. 

Passing him a tight lipped smile, he spoke up, “Alright, now go up and sleep buddy and don’t tell your mumma any of this.”

Arav eagerly nodded, happy to have helped his father and skipped his way up the stairs.

Taking her out. Well, not as a date but as a friend would be… could be a good idea. But he knew she was stubborn or at least, that is what he had seen her be. She wouldn’t go with him unless… He picked out his phone, quickly dialing a number.

“Adi, it is 1:00 am and you know I don’t like calls at this time unless it is the zombie apocalypse.” Abhinav groaned, making Aditya roll his eyes.

“I need your help.”

author's note
xoxo, gossip girl (i am obsessed with that show!) *internal screaming* ChUcK bAsS!
Anyway,
Vote & Comment

Love,
Rose xoxo.

Love,Rose xoxo