21| fairytale like

* * *

* * *

third person's pov:

° ° °

18th July, 2020: New Delhi

"That's rubbish!" Aditya groaned, placing his head in his hands.

Abhinav rolled his eyes at this, " Oh, please! Stop being such a drama queen. It is a good idea! Girls love all these things." he shrugged, scrunching his face up in annoyance.

"Yeah, of course. Girls who are twelve year olds love all this." Aditya snapped, glaring at his sibling, "No grown woman likes candlelight dinners and fairytale like places."

Abhinav blinked down at his brother wondering, if he had in fact grown two horns. He sniggered at Aditya.

"How many years have you lived in hibernation? Women love it!" he exclaimed.
"Yeah, right!" Aditya scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Abhinav remained silent for the next few seconds as he started getting more and more annoyed by his brother.

"You know what? You are an idiot and I don't talk to idiots." he snapped before standing up and walking off.

Aditya stared at the closed door in front of him and clicked his tongue. Abhinav had to be kidding, Rhea couldn't possibly be be interested in forgiving him just because he arranged a dinner... could she?

He was in a dilemma. He leaned against the headboard and groaned. He had to do something; anything, and for now, the best option was the option in front of him. He licked his lips and looked at the clock.

Rhea had taken the kids out to the park and refused to even look at him. He knew she was dropping them off at his parents' place for the weekend; they had been begging to stay there since a long time.

He stood up. Okay then. It was time to get his gears going.

• • •

He waited nervously a few feet away from the door, waiting for it to be swung open any minute. The locked picked as Aditya's ears perked up and he stood up straighter.

Rhea entered with her shoulders slumped and a tired face but as soon as she realized something about the place was different, her eyes lifted up and she looked around.

The lights were slightly dimmed down and a candlelight dinner waited at the dining table for her. She watched carefully, her eyes taking in everything about the scene before her mind snapped shut and she went back to her days with Rishab.

The way he would set up dinner after a long day or when he randomly surprised her on the weekends with fairytale like nights.

A lump formed in her throat while her eyes shifted towards Aditya who bit on his bottom lip nervously. He still thought it was a stupid idea, of course it was but if that was enough to—

"What's all this?" she asked in a calm voice, her eyes gazing over the view once again.
"I, uh... I was... I—" he stuttered and before he could finish his sentence she spoke up.
"This is a dumb idea, " she paused, "if you think preparing a fancy candlelight dinner like this will make me forgive you, you have mistaken." saying that she started walking past him. Just when she had reached up, Aditya mustered up a few words.

"I am not asking you to forgive me, " he stated firmly making Rhea turn around, frowning. He looked down at his feet, collecting his thoughts.

"I... uh... I don't want your forgiveness. I want you to, to see that I am sorry and I regret the way I... the way I... reacted. My, my temper got the best of me." his cheeks were flushed as the confessions rolled off his tongue.

Rhea remained silent, watching him carefully. The way he had said those words, they didn't seem to be anything but straight from the heart to Rhea. She took in a deep breath before lightly, shutting her eyes.

"Okay," she said softly causing Aditya to snap his head up.
He wanted to say something but he dared to. He didn't want to push her buttons. He stepped out of the way and forwarded his hand, watching as Rhea took a seat on one of the chairs.

He say down in front of her and watched as she gawked at the delicious dishes in front of her.

"I, uh, I hope you like the food." he muttered, picking up his fork.

He kept sneaking glances at her as she picked up her spoon and devoured into her food. A smile played on her lips as she took the first bite. The food melted into her mouth and she would be lying if she said it wasn't delicious. He took another bite before looking up at him.

"It tastes really good." she said and watched as Aditya's eyes lit up. He smiled at her as they continued to munch on their food, silently and... awkwardly.

Rhea bit her bottom lip nervously, wanting to tell him what she hadn't thought of saying until now. She took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for the words I had said that day."

Aditya stiffened, his motions stopping. Rhea's heart thumped against her chest. She didn't want him to react the way he had previously and even as to mentioning what she had done seemed like stepping right into a hole.

"It's... it's alright. " he said, sighing, "Well, it's not but that doesn't mean what you said was not... true."

author's note:

There you go. I'll update again on Friday. And keep your eyes open for that one. It's going to be longgg and juicy.
Vote & comment.

Love,
Rose xoxo.

Love,Rose xoxo