22 | abhi na jao chod kar

° ° °

° ° °

r h e a' s   p o v :

* * *

18th July, 2021: New Delhi

"It's... it's alright. " he said, sighing, "Well, it's not, but that doesn't mean what you said was not... true." He shook his head, avoiding eye contact. Rhea hesitated before gently placing her hand on Aditya's. He was quick to snap his head upwards and look at her. She pulled her hand back before exhaling and opening her mouth to speak.

"But I had absolutely no right to do that. It was mean and senseless. I am really sorry." she said, genuinely guilty. Aditya passed her a crooked smile and nodded, assuring her that it was alright.

After finishing their food, she helped him clean up and even though they were not friends... yet; they were at least civilized after the extremely brief conversation that they just had. Rhea was in a much better place mentally, now that they had spoken. She still was not happy about the aggressive manner in which Aditya had reacted but she understood; or at least was trying to understand.

As she stood beside him in the kitchen wiping the dishes as he washed them, she couldn't help stealing sly glances at him, trying to figure him out. She had no clue what to make of this man in front of her who grew so aggressive the previous day at a stupid comment of hers and today was arranging an apology dinner and washing the dishes.

"I do not want to disturb your thought process, but your staring at me is making me feel quite awkward." Rhea's eyes widened just slightly as she pressed her lips together; her cheeks turning red with embarrassment. Aditya chuckled lightly at this and chose to lighten the situation by switching on the radio.

"...and with that enjoy our next song ― one of the greatest hits of the '60s and an evergreen song: abhi na jao chod kar.

'Abhi na jao chod kar,
ke dil abhi bhara nahi
Abhi na jao chod kar,
ke dil abhi bhara nahi
Abhi abhi toh aayi ho, abhi abhi toh
bahar banke chayi ho,
Hawa zara mehek toh le,
nazar zara behek toh le
Ye sham...' "

Aditya's attention was no more on the dishes he had been doing, instead, it had shifted to the song, Aisha's favorite song...

"Aisha yaar! Put on some other song na, I have been listening to this for the past hour." he grumbled, placing the pillows against his eyes. Aisha sat near the dressing table putting on her bangles after taking a shower as she laughed at his antics.

"Adi, this the best song that has ever been made." She stood up and made her way towards him.

"Ye taare jhilmila uthe
Ye taare jhilmila uthe
Chirag jagmaga uther
Bas ab na mujhko tok lo..."