23 | hearts

° ° °

° ° °

rhea's pov:

* * *

19th July, 2021: New Delhi

"Aditya?"

She fumbled before quickly switching on the lights. Squinting, she focused on random objects before her attention shifted to Aditya, who was sprawled on the floor, holding the left side of his forehead. Her mouth opened wide in shock.

"Are you crazy?" he grunted, making Rhea close and open her mouth again. Oh God! What was she thinking?

"What were you thinking?"he grumbled, removing his hand from his forehead, which was still aching and hada visible scratch.

"I am so sorry Aditya, I thought it was some thief and I, I ― " he cut her off.

"Thief? Really? No thief would want to eat your meal? Ow!" he hissed looking at his elbow which was grazed in the process of him trying not to fall down and even though his comment about her food made her pout, she did not say anything. After all, she was the reason he was sprawled on the floor like this, "Plus, who throws their phone? The screen's light blinded me, woman." He grumbled, sitting up slightly.

Rhea's eyes scanned through the kitchen and living room as she hurriedly searched for the first aid box. As soon as she found the box, she rushed by Aditya's side and looped her arm in his, trying to pull him up. Aditya cooperated and soon, he was seated on one of the dining table chairs as she towered over him, fumbling with the medicines.

Shaking the bottle of antiseptic, she applied it onto a cotton ball, slyly glancing at Aditya who was pouting and rubbing his forehead. She quickly wrapped her fingers around his forearm and carefully extended it, before taking the cotton ball closer to his elbow.

She looked up at him through her lashes and furrowed her brows, "This is gonna sting a bit."

Continuing to stare at him she placed the cotton gently on the wound and watched his face get distorted as he bit down on his bottom lip and fisted his hand. She was definitely feeling guilty, however, she couldn't help but smile at his childish expressions. Aditya's frown deepened as he looked at the smile playing on Rhea's lips.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked, a little annoyed. Rhea widened her eyes and pressed her lips together into a thin line before looking up at him and hesitantly standing up straighter.

"Well, you are acting like a child." She shrugged, avoiding eye contact and simply taking out a bandage from the first aid box.

"What? No! I am not acting like a child." He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. Rhea raised an eyebrow before rolling her eyes at him and covering his wound with a bandage.