Chapter 31

Disclaimer: Gonna change the style of writing here.

"Hyewon-ah, come here for a sec."

Yena said to Hyewon, who was laying down on her bed, playing on her phone. She got up the bed, and approached the duck who just woke up seconds ago. It's already noon, btw.

"I wanted to ask you this last night, but you were already outcold."

She said in a half-awake voice. Hyewon then jokingly slapped her mouth.

"Go wash your face first. Then we'll talk."

She walks to the bathroom in her pajamas. Brushed her teeth and washed her face. She came out looking fresh, like a girl who was promoting a face cream product.

"Ah~ that's better."

She said as she wipes her face, walking towards Hyewon who was at the dinner table, snacking on chips. The dorms currently empty right now. Chaewon went out with Yujin and Minju to who knows where, while Eunbi's still sleeping.

"What is it?"

Hyewon asked, while munching on her chips. Yena took a chip as well, and sat down next to her.

"So, for tonight, i-"

"Oh,is that tonight? Wow. Didn't even realize."

Hyewon cut her off. It seems that the holidays got her a bit confused with the date.

"...anyways. I'm planning on buying him a cake."

"But weren't we supposed to surprise him with a cake? Won't he realize what we're doing if we're bringing a big-ass cake to his apartment?"

The duck got flustered, she didn't think about it that far.

"L-let's just say that it's for someone else!"

Hyewon just agreed, she didn't think that it was a good idea, but at the same time, she's too lazy too think about it at the moment. She thought that she might have in idea as the event approaches.

"But won't i be... you know.... be a third wheel?" Hyewon said, as she tries to grab the chips in the bag, but it was already out, making her pout.

"No you won't. In fact, you can celebrate as well!" Yena notices that the chips already empty, so she walked to the drawer to grab a new one. Hyewon's face lit up as she took it out.

"If you say so.. what're we going to do at his apartment later? Are just gonna surprise him with the birthday cake, took a couple of pictures, and then went to sleep? That doesn't seem fun."

"Hm... you're right. What should we do? Should we play some games at his place?" Yena suggested an idea.

"What kind of games?"

"Umm...." Yena thinks about it. A few minutes later, and she's still thinking about it. Hyewon then stood up.

"You go and think about it first, i'm gonna take a shower. Who knows, i might be able to think of a game while i'm in there."

_________

Y/N's POV

"So, do you have plans tomorrow, Y/N? It's your birthday right?"

The girl who's currently brewing coffee for a customer, asked Y/N. He was in the middle of wiping the water off the glass that he just washed.

"Oh, i'm gonna.... umm.... go eat dinner with someone."

Y/N said, embarrassed. He hasn't told her that he and Yena had already started dating. He didn't intend on hiding it, but he's just waiting for the right moment to tell her. And it looks like that now's that moment.