Chapter 33

"I understand that it's already late. But your room is literally next door." Y/N tells the two girls standing in front of his room door.

"Listen to me first. We forgot to take our keys when we went out earlier. And we already tried calling the other members, but they didn't answer. So.... yeah...." Yena tries to sound convincing to Y/N.

"So you came knocking on my door to sleep to sleep 'till one of 'em wakes up?"

"Why not? We live next door. It's not like you'll do anything to both of us. Right?"

"Who knows?" Y/N said jokingly.

"*sigh* just come inside." Y/N surrenders, and proceeds to let them in.

"Don't worry. Hyewon here is a strong woman." As soon as they step inside, Y/N notices the cake that was in Hyewon's hand. This should've been a red flag for Yena and Hyewon. But lucky for them, Y/N's still kinda dizzy. So he thought nothing of it, and didn't bother to ask what's it for.  They both sit on the couch, putting it on the table.

"Do you want to sleep? Cause if you do, use my bed. It can be extended so that two people can fit." Y/N said, as he walks towards his bed.

"Oh, not yet! I mean we do, but, a little bit later."

"If that's the case, i'm gonna go to take a shower for a bit, 'kay?"

Yena nods, as she watches him closing the bathroom door.

"What time is it, kwangbae?"

Hyewon takes out her phone, and taps on it.

"11.50. There's still 10 more minutes 'till midnight." Hyewon puts her phone on to the table.

"Great! He usually takes 15 minutes shower at night. It'll already be past 12 by the time he got out."

"....you know him so well, it scares me. How do you even know how long he takes a shower?" Hyewon looks at Yena in confusion, and they just stare into each other.

"....."

"....."

"....ANYWAY, let's set it up first!"

Yena took out the lighter and candles from her bag. Even though Hyewon didn't get any answer, Hyewon just shrugs it off, and plans on asking her another time. 10 minutes in, and they're all set up. All that's left is for Y/N to come out.

"What do we s-" Hyewon got cut off by the sound of Y/N's puking sound from the bathroom. "What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know...."

"I think he's drunk, Yena."

"What're you talking about. He doesn't drink. He must be feeling kinda sick, that's all." Yena smacks Hyewon.

"But he didn't look sick. Rather, he looks out of it. " Hyewon tries to convince Yena, but she still won't buy it.

"Really? 'cause-" Yena got cut off when they heard the sound of the bathroom door unlocking. With no time to think of what to say, they said.

"Happy birthday, Kang Y/N!!!" The two girls shouted at him. He's currently standing at the bathroom door, trying to process what's going on. And that's when it hit him.

Ugh... this is so bland.

Yena thought to herself, while keeping her smile.

It was today? He thought to himself.

"Come here! Let's celebrate!" Yena gestures for him to sit beside her. As soon as he sits, she gives him the cake with a lit candle on it. Hyewon goes to switch off the light. Now, the only light shining in the room is the candle stuck on the birthday cake.