Chapter 2

It's been three years since Celeste and Newt became best of friends, making Newt an honourable member of Celeste's friend circle.

It was their O.W.L year, and everyone were stressing out, except Celeste. She was sure that stressing out will be a disaster for her.

"Why are you not even a tad scared Fischer?! We have owls two months later!!" Helena exclaimed as she slammed her book down to glare at calm Celeste.

The students hanging out in the gryffindor common room glared at Helena in return.

"Because, unlike you, I was preparing from the starting of the year. I balanced my social aand study life." Celeste commented as she wrote something on her parchment.

"I think you should lower your voice, Helena. You might disturb the seniors." Newt commented quietly as he stared at his essay, trying to find something to write more.

"How was he even allowed in gryffindor tower Celeste? You didn't answered me earlier." Helena asked as she went back to studying her chapter of Divination.

"Because I am a prefect, and I promised him that we will study Transfiguration together. And also because he is an honorary member of our house." Celeste commented as she pushed her parchment towards Newt, who gave her a grateful smile.

"So, any of you deduced that what Leta is upto? Heard that she got into trouble." Helena asked as she stared at the chart in the book.

"No, it was because of that two gits she got into the trouble. Now do focus on your work, or else I will have to give you detention, and as a prefect I can give you detention." Celeste said as she stretched her limbs and kept her quill on the table.

"Yeah yeah, power abuser." Helena muttered as she tried to focus on her work, and not the people gossiping.

"Sup losers?" Riley Francis greeted as he plopped on the sofa beside Helena.

"Very great of you to join us Riley. Are you forgetting anything?" Celeste asked, sarcasm dripping on her tongue making Helena snicker.

"Uhhh- shit, I am really sorry! I forgot that I had essay to write!" Riley exclaimed as he sat up on the sofa.

"When was the last time you ever remembered anything I have told you? Because you never ever remembered." Celeste quipped back as she rolled her parchment after Newt passed it to her.

He was watching the conversation with an amused smile. He rolled his own parchment and stuffed his belongings into his side bag.

"I said I am sorry! I will start my essay right at this moment!" Riley exclaimed as he jumped off from the sofa and rushed towards the boy's dormitory.

"And I should head back to hufflepuff common room." Newt piped up as he stood up, and straightened his robes.

"I will see you out." Celeste said as she stood up and dusted her robes from imaginary dust.

They both headed towards the portrait hole. Students who knew Newt bidded him a bye.

"Thanks for helping me with this essay. I really appreciate it." Newt thanked Celeste, who gave him a warm smile.