Chapter 9

Rain was thicker in England as Celeste roamed on the streets of London with her fiancè.

"You look more chipper than usual. What is it?" Newt asked as the rain clashed against their umbrellas.

"I am just happy for you. I heard that you are drafted to make a book on creatures around the world." Celeste said as she turned to him with a smile.

"I guess words do travel fast in the ministry. I am going to travel the world starting next month." Newt said as he looked forward as they walked through the streets.

"Oh, I didn't know that. You have to write me letters. I wish I could join you, but I am being drafted to Greece for two months to search for Grindelwald." Celeste said as she kicked at the water and giggled.

"Yeah, I heard that one. Be safe ok?" Newt said, his face held seriousness. "I crossed my heart and promised you that I will be safe."  Celeste said as they approached their flat.

"Last time you were drafted somewhere, I almost lost you to post trauma of the war." Newt said as he folded his umbrella, Celeste followed the suit.

"It comes with the job love." Celeste said as she entered the flat and removed her heels on the threshold of the house.

"I know, but you can't stop me from worrying about you, can you?" Newt asked as he removed his pea coat and hung it on the cloak rack.

"And I won't stop you, because I worry about you too." Celeste said as she hung her coat on the cloak rack and went inside the house.

"Did my mum send you any letter?" Newt asked suddenly, nervousness edged in his voice.

"Not that I know of. Why? Was I supposed to be getting one?" Celeste asked as they entered the living room.

"Kind of. Mum talked to me about getting married this year. But I kind of put down that question." Newt said as he nervously fiddled with his shirt's sleeve.

"Well can we just put the wedding off for sometime? I want to solve the Grindelwald case first." Celeste said, her expression mixed with guilt and apology.

"Yes we can. I want to focus on my book right now. You are not mad with that decision, are you?" Newt asked, trying to reassure his mind.

"No, I am not mad. I am glad you consulted me, or else I would have to say yes to your mum." Celeste said as her pet cat jumped into her lap and curled up into a fluffy ball.

"Thank merlin. But I didn't see Gabriel and Theseus' relationship happening. How and when did that happen?" Newt asked as he remembered his brother coming out to their mom.

"Three years ago, after the war was over. Our nerves were rattled and we were used to taking risks, so he took one. I guess it was supposed to happen." Celeste said as she smiled at a memory.

"I am glad that Theseus found his better half like I found mine." Newt said as he glanced lovingly at Celeste.

"And I am glad that you are my better half." Celeste said as she snuggled into his side making the cat jump out of her lap hissing.

"I still can't believe that it was like twelve years ago when I met you at that bowtruckles tree." Newt said as he played with Celeste's fingers.

Celeste smiled and let her eyes closed while she listened to the steady rhythm of Newt's heart beats.

One thing that Celeste was grateful to the universe was her family, and her fiancè. And she would do anything to protect them.

"Ah, my mission partner!" Charlus exclaimed as he noticed Celeste walking in their office.