Chap 18

Celeste was sitting in minister's office, knowing why she was here. She looked directly into minister's eyes, after a moment of brief silence.

"You know why you are here Celeste." Minister said, raising his brow. "I really don't know why am I here instead of being in Greece for solution of their acolytes." Celeste said, shaking her head.

"Cut the game Scamander. Where is Newt?" Minister asked, his stare turning into a sharp glare. Celeste rolled her eyes internally.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I saw him last time at the house. I haven't been to my home since six hours. What are you implying on minister?" Celeste asked, raising her brow.

"That you managed to get Newt to Paris." Fawley said, making Celeste burst into laughter. She kept her hand over her mouth to muffle it a bit, but was thoroughly unsuccessful.

"Minister, he has an international ban. Even I cannot do anything in that. You are suggesting that I manage to get him travel illegaly?" Celeste said through her laughter, her eyes watering.

Minister Fawley was not amused even a bit and kept waiting for her to stop, but Celeste just kept laughing. "And how are you even certain that he is in Paris? Because Credence is supposedly in Paris? Come on Minister, use some common sense." Celeste said, her laughter dying down.

"What is it that you find amusing Mrs. Scamander?" Minister asked, tilting his head dangerously.

"Your distrust in me. I am head of magical law and enforcement yet I am treated as an outsider. Why is that minister Fawley? Because of your ego. You cannot fathom anyone climb the position so quickly." Celeste said, scoffing.

"You don't even take Grindelwald situation seriously. Where is our task force to deal with Grindelwald? You accuse my husband of causing disrupting in New York when it was clearly not my husband but Grindelwald." Celeste continued, her glare intensifying.

"Celes-" Minister tried to speak, but was cut off by Celeste. "I am talking." Celeste said, raising her finger.

"What are you even waiting for? For Grindelwald to do something really irreparable? Or to actually expose our community?" Celeste criticised Fawley, who just started to turn red in anger.

"Are you implying that I am working for Grindelwald?" Fawley sneered, his eyes narrowing. "You tell me. Why are we not doing something about this?" Celeste retorted, clenching her fists.

"I will not tolerate this. You are still under me." Fawley exclaimed in a low voice, glaring at Celeste. "Now I want you to meet with Dumbledore." Minister said, taking a deep breath.

"And why?" Celeste asked, narrowing her eyes. "Because I said so. You need to get him to Paris. If he doesn't comply, you know what to do." Minister said, raising his brow again.

"So we are focusing on your outrageous assumption over dealing with the real threat? Nice." Celeste said, leaning back in her chair.

"Do as you are told Scamander. Do not undermine my authority." Fawley barked, looking at Celeste murderously. Celeste just raised her eye brow, before standing up.

"Count your days minister. You have power today, but not for long. People are angry for your no reaction to Grindelwald threat." Celeste said, before turning around on her heels and walking out of the minister's office.

Everybody was startled to see Celeste Scamander walking out of the minister's office in raging anger as she passed by the people.