Chapter 15

As May rolled in, the tension increased in the British ministry as plans on shifting Grindelwald from Macusa to Azkaban started to come to life.

Newt was still banned from traveling internationally despite trying again and again to revert the ban.

Celeste, being head of the magical law and enforcement, didn't have much control over that and she was getting tired of the back and forth the ministry was doing.

Celeste's heels clicked against the tiles as she hastily made her way towards the conference room where every auror were gathered for the meeting before spielman would go and bring Grindelwald back to Europe.

She went from wavy long hair, to shoulder length hair cut. The subtle change in her looks was noticed by everyone in the ministry as she struck out as a sour thumb.

Her robes swished behind her as she entered the conference room. Theseus and Gilbert were already there. Celeste took the seat meant for her and nodded her head towards all the other heads.

"Well we know why we are gathered here today. Tomorrow Grindelwald comes to Europe to answer his crimes. I want the security at top notch and from the department of magical law and enforcement and the auror department." Fawley began to speak, making Celeste roll her eyes internally.

"Are you still sure you don't want me to accompany Mr. Spielman to bring back Grindelwald? Knowing Grindelwald, he must have some tricks up his sleeves." Celeste spoke up, every head turning around to look at her.

"I am sure Mrs. Scamander. There is no need to strain yourself for this. But we will need you to keep a tight security of hit witches and hit wizards when he comes here. No mistake can be made." Fawley said before drilling the heads about being at the duty for 24 hours today.

"You cannot strain them for something that's out of their pay grade and field. Yes they are aurors, but this Hitwizard field. You cannot force all aurors to stay back. Why pressurised them? Aren't hitwizards and hitwitches enough for staying for the 24 hour duty?" Celeste interrupted him again, getting an annoyed expression from Fawley.

"I understand you are concerned about this Celeste, but this needs to be done. I want every able person to be here. We cannot afford a single mistake." Fawley said, with an air of importance.

"Git. Just trying to save his arse." Celeste muttered under her breath before swallowing her pride and nodded her head. "Consider it done Mr. Fawley." Celeste said, others reluctantly agreeing with her.

"Mrs. Scamander, I want you to stay back." Fawley said, as he dismissed the meeting. Celeste's stomach churned at that. What did she do this time? Offended him by doing her work?

Everyone stood up and started to empty the room, making Celeste more anxious. She wasn't ready to lose her job, not now. She gulped as the room was now empty beside her and Fawley. Fawley sat on the desk while looking at her.

"I want you to send someone in search of Credence. We have solid proof that he is alive and is in Paris right at this moment." Fawley said to Celeste, who gave him a weird look.

"Excuse me?" Celeste asked, her heart beat picking up a pace. No no, please no. She kept repeating to herself as Fawley's eyes pierced through hers.

"Credence is alive. And I want someone to get him out. And I know just the person for the job." Fawley said, he gave her a smug look.

All blood drained from Celeste's face as she gave him a blank look. "Who?" Celeste asked, trying to process all the information that was given to her.

"There is another meeting of Newt with the department of international traveling. I want you to be at the hearing, and present him with this idea in exchange for lifting his ban." Fawley said, making Celeste chuckle bitterly.