Chapter 21

Reality is a very fragile thing. One small incorrect move and it falls like dominos. Celeste stared at her hands as Newt tried to get her to respond. "Celeste, we need to move. It's Ill advised to stay here right now." Newt said, gently. He took her hands into his and crouched in front of her.

Gilbert was trying to come up with any idea that would make his sister react. He needed answers too but first, he needed to make sure of his sister's well being. "Did you know?" Theseus asked him. Theseus had sooth on his face and his attire was covered with dust, like everyone else there.

"No. My parents never told me that and I never questioned it." Gilbert answered truthfully, looking at his wand. "She needs all of us now. She needs to know that it doesn't matter what her parentage is, She is still the best hitwitch the wizarding history has ever seen." Theseus said, lacing his fingers with his boyfriend's finger.

"Celeste, please. Don't shut me out. Please." Newt begged, making Celeste look at him. "My life is a lie. Nothing about it is true. What do you want me to say?" Celeste whispered, fresh tears making the way down her cheeks. "It was not a lie. Your life was not a lie. We are not lying. We are as true as the reality could be." Newt said.

"Newt, I am the daughter of the most dangerous wizard of the wizarding world. Nobody will see from your point of view." Celeste said, her bottom lip wobbling. "We can discuss it in a safe place, okay? I am not leaving you. I vowed to be there for you in good or bad times. I intend to fulfil those vows." Newt said. Celeste numbly nodded her head.

"I know I am the last person you expect to speak to, but you are not him. You are Celeste, someone who stood up for people when others would rather go along with others to torment them. Do not let his words change anything for you." Leta spoke up, standing near Gilbert. Celeste just gulped and closed her eyes briefly before she was struck with an idea.

"Dumbledore. He has the answers. I am sure he does." Celeste muttered, trying to stand up. "I am going to the French ministry to do some damage control." Charlus suggested. Theseus nodded his head in agreement. Gilbert gave the man a grateful look. "And no matter what the outcome is, you are still my best friend and godmother of my son. We just now know why you are so powerful. Don't let that asshole's words get to you. You are still Celeste Fischer who is head of magical law and enforcement." Charlus said, before disapparating.

"I think you will need to know this. Credence chose Grindelwald amidst all of that chaos." The woman who was with Credence got their attention. "Another failure." Celeste muttered, shakily standing up with the help of Newt. "I will be heading back to my home. Be vigilant. You need to be on your guard more than you were before." Nicholas Flamel advised the group. He nodded his head towards the remaining group before disapparating away.

Gilbert approached his sister, the tears already gathering at the waterline. Celeste looked at him, hoping she was not a stranger to her brother all of the sudden. She tried to say something, opened and closed her mouth thrice but nothing came out of her mouth. But whatever Gilbert wanted to say was conveyed in the hug he pulled his sister into.

Low sobs left his mouth as he kept his sister close to him as Celeste hugged him tightly. Celeste broke down into loud sobs as she hid her face into her brother's shoulder.

"No matter what the truth is Celeste, you are my sister. You will always be my baby sister. He cannot take away the fact that I took care of you and you took care of me when we were growing up. You will never be a Grindelwald. You are a Fischer and a Scamander. Nobody can take that away from you." Gilbert said, soothing his sister.

"Gilbert is right, Celeste. You being a Grindelwald doesn't automatically make you an evil person. You are still the same Celeste who loved to do what she did. You are a beacon of hope for the entire ministry." Theseus offered, making Celeste cry more. "Why did he do that? Why?" Celeste sobbed. "He is twisted and his ways of evil are twisted as well. But you are not him and he does not define you and he never will." Gilbert answered.