Chapter 13

Celeste was standing by the wall as they were about to take Grindelwald away. Newt was with her as he was concerned over her balance as she almost collapsed twice.

Grindelwald halted in front of her, making the aurors that were taking him away halt too. "Will we die, just a little. Just some more time, and you shall see the light." Grindelwald said with a smirk, making Celeste raise her eyebrow.

As soon as he was out of sight, Celeste let out a sigh of relief. "Finally." Celeste said, resting her head over Newt's shoulder.

"We still have something else to do." Newt said, pointing toward the broken subway. "Oh, we are saying Frank a goodbye already." Celeste said, her heart sinking a bit.

"We always had to." Newt said, walking back to the crowd, with Madam President staring at the sky through the broken ceiling of the subway.

Jacob and Queenie hurried down the stairs. Jacob offered Newt's his case back, which Newt accepted happily.

"Someone ought to keep an eye on it." Jacob commented, making Celeste smile. "We owe you an apology Mr. Scamander, but our magical community is exposed. We can't obliviate the entire city." Madam Picquery said, looking over the cracked open ceiling.

"In Fact we can." Celeste spoke up, stepping forward looking at the city. "And how?" Madam picquery asked, looking at the injured woman.

"Newt." Celeste simply said, sighing. Newt stepped forward, and placed his case on the ground. Everyone walked away a bit as Newt signaled them to do so.

Newt opened the case and a Thunderbird flew out of the case, earning a few gasps. Celeste just looked at the bird with a proud look on her face.

"I was intending to wait till we reached Arizona. But now it seems, you are our only hope, Frank." Newt said, cradling the thunder bird's beak.

Celeste found herself getting emotional as she watched the look of fondness exchange between Newt and Celeste.

"I will miss you too." Newt said, as he embraced the beak of the mighty bird. Frank, when pulled away, looked at Celeste, titling his head in a last goodbye.

"I will miss you as well Frank. I hope you will always remember us." Celeste said gently, as she watched the bird and Newt removing a flask from his coat pocket.

He stepped back, and looked at the bird one last time. "You know what you've gotta do." Newt said as he threw the flask in the air.

Frank took a flight while taking the flask in his beak and flew towards the sky. Celeste wobbly stood beside Newt, and watched the event unfold.

Newt wrapped his arms around Celeste, as she heard him sniff. Celeste soothingly rested her head on his chest and watched the bird disappear from their sight.

The aurors took their charge and started to fix the city and the subway. "I will miss him." Newt whispered to Celeste, who just nodded her head.

As everything was back as it was before, Celeste reluctantly stepped away from Newt, ignoring the screaming pain in her head.

She looked at Madam picquery, who was absolutely impressed by the magizoologist. "They won't remember a thing. The venom has powerful oblivating power." Newt said, looking at the president.

"We owe you a great debt Mr. Scamander, and not to forget you Ms. Fischer. But take that case out of New York." Madam picqeury said, turning around.

"Yes Madam President." Newt said, smiling at Celeste, who just chuckled. As Madam President was about to walk away, she noticed Jacob standing with Queenie.