Chapter 8

Year 1915, World war 1 raging, both Magical world and Muggle world. Celeste was drafted to Germany as a soldier to participate in world war I alongside Theseus and Gilbert.

The time they were fighting against rogue witches and wizards, Newt was miles away from them in Ukraine handling Ukraine ironbellies from their illegal breeder.

The war was turning out to be nastier than the trio thought. Celeste continuously deals with unforgivable curses and some nasty hexes. Half of them either came in front of a near death situation.

On occasion she would help the muggle army, but she was sure that she was going to have nightmares from this.

Now it was the year 1918, three years after being drafted, but the war must have gotten nastier. Muggles and wizards dying in the war and all they could do was fight.

"GILBERT, WATCH OUT!" Celeste screamed as she forced a shield between her brother and the oncoming hex.

She twisted her wrist and raised a shield between her as another curse was thrown towards her.

"They are getting nastier. Why is the help arriving so damn late!" Gilbert exclaimed as he fought the curses and hexes.

"This is a damn nightmare!" Theseus exclaimed as the trio's back was facing each other and fought alongside.

There was a loud siren in the air. Celeste closed her eyes and channeled her energy into one of her invented spells.

"RETRACTO MAGICA!" Celeste exclaimed and every spell in the air faded into thin air. "Incarcerous!" Theseus and Gilbert did the rest of the work.

"I think Germany surrendered." Theseus said as they looked around the destruction. They won the war, but at what cost.

Celeste collapsed on the ground, her clothes were filthy so were her icy blonde hair. They now looked like dirty blonde.

"You alright?" Gilbert asked as he sat beside his sister. "Yes. Adrenaline rush is wearing off." Celeste said, now her breathing getting shallower.

"Can feel you. Let's just report back to the German ministry of magic." Theseus said as he breathed out a puff of breath. It was too cold for them.

Celeste and Gilbert nodded their heads before they stood up. Celeste gulped down before she looked around once again. It's going to stick with her forever.

They apparated to the German ministry with the captured wizards and witches. Celeste was taken to a room to get her wounds tended, so were Theseus and Gilbert.

"You will be leaving for your home country tomorrow. Until then, we German ministry associates will love to show our gratitude for whatever you have done for us." The German minister of magic thanked the trio.

"Wir müssen uns nicht bedanken, Mr. Ellis." Celeste said, making the job for the minister easier.

"Du sprichst Deutsch?" The minister asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Ich bin ein deutscher, Mr. Ellis." Celeste said, giving the older man a smile. The minister nodded his head, and signaled them to follow one of his auror.

Celeste was sitting on the armchair of her room, reflecting the past three years of war. Not having seen her parents and Newt, she was getting paranoid.

It was 3 in the midnight but sleep was something that had left her. Her mind was clouded with all the trauma and disaster she saw.

She was never gonna be the same. Never.

She brought her knees closer to her chest and rested her head on her knees and stared into fire in the fireplace.

Her mind was numb to any feeling or any thought that was trying to penetrate her head. She could have been amongst the dead. Does she want to continue her job as a hitwitch?