Part 5: Lemons and Limes

So, before we get started, I don't usually write past fluff and stuff, but this might get a little lemony if ya know what I mean. I don't really know why, but I just wanna give it a try. Please don't judge me, I'm very self conscious about my work! >//w//<

***

Natasha felt Bucky's lips before she really knew what was happening. She instinctively returned the kiss, feeling Bucky's hands glide down to her waist, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He backed her up against the wall, pinning her against it, to which she obliged happily. They accidentally knocked into the light switch, turning them off.

"So, this is what you were going to tell me before we were so rudely interrupted," she whispered with a smirk on her face. "Who would've thought~"

She was cut off by another kiss thrust onto her lips and felt her hair being tugged on as Bucky raked his hands through it. She smiled against his lips, and suddenly felt tears spring to her eyes. She finally had felt what it's like for Bucky's lips to be against hers. She finally had a chance at love again. Bucky finally belonged to her.

She felt Bucky pull away and inhale as he noticed her tears plopping from her eyes. He used his thumb to wipe them away and leaned down, connecting their foreheads.

"Hey, hey it's okay," he whispered, "it's okay~"

She sniffled and wrapped her arms around him, burying her nose into his soft neck. Oh, how she had longed for this feeling. To have him hold her and make her feel loved. To be cared for by a man who could love. Her thoughts whirled around in her head as she remembered Eddie, her ex, and how he had left her. How he couldn't love.

Natasha pulled away from Bucky and stepped back, looking down shamefully. He was right, she was afraid to love again. She'd give anything to be brave, but she just couldn't do it herself. It was like lemons and limes. Lemons were sour and bitter, like her past and everything that haunted her until now. Limes were sweeter, and more likeable that lemons, like her relationship with Bucky.

This moment with him was bittersweet for her.

Lemons were Eddie and her past life before she met Bucky.

Limes were the sweet moments as friends, and possibly even lovers, but she wasn't willing to look that far ahead yet.

"Nat? Hey, look at me."

Bucky's voice echoed through her head, but she managed to bring herself back into reality. She looked back to him reluctantly as he moved closer to her. His hands found her slim hips again and pulled her close. She allowed this, carefully watching him.

"It's okay to be afraid," he whispered, smiling lovingly at her.

His smile was a lime.

"You don't have to punish yourself for what happened with you and Eddie, it wasn't your fault. He was a selfish jerk that took advantage of you, and you owe nothing to him."

His words were a lime.

"You can let go of him now," he leans closer, "it's okay to let go now. Let me take care of you, Natasha."

His love was a lime.

Natasha wanted to let go with all of her heart, but she knew that she was stuck like this. Being the miserable, lovesick woman she was. She swallowed back the rest of her tears, but she couldn't bring herself to move away from him. From the man that she loved.

"W-We can't~" she whispered, placing her hands on his chest and weakly trying to push him away. "I-I really should just go~"

"Ostavat'sya," he said in heavy Russian, "stay."

"Barnes, I can't stay," she replied in Russian, but he pulled her away from the door and laid her on the couch. "Barnes~"

"Kiss me, Romanoff."

She couldn't say no to that pretty face of his. She wrapped an arm around his neck and tugged him down, giving him a rough, passionate kiss this time. She felt his hands tug at the hem of her shirt and slide under it. His hands felt cold against her skin as he tentatively pulled her shirt over her head to reveal a black, lacy bra underneath. She inhaled slightly at the sudden exposure, but went along with it.

He ran his hands along her torso, making her skin erupt with goosebumps from the feeling. She yearned for another kiss, and he gave it to her. She reached down and pulled his own shirt over his head and traced the scars that lined his skin. He closed his eyes and leaned into her touch, taking her by the wrist and guiding her hand along his chest.

He smiled softly as she brought her hand to his cheek and caressed it softly. He brought himself down and gave her a gentle kiss, nothing harsh. She closed her eyes and melted into the kiss, only coming back to reality when he ran his hold hand under her velvety bra.

"This needs to come off~" he growled in Russian.

She hesitated for a moment, knowing he was about to venture into a familiar land, but she nodded. Bucky slipped his hand behind her and unclipped her bra strap from behind. He then proceeded to pull it off of her body and expose her top half to him. She could feel herself blush deeply in the darkness as he ran his hungry hands over her exposed parts. 

"Gods, you're beautiful~" he whispered, leaning down and planting a large kiss on her lips. She hummed into the kiss, running her hands through his soft hair.

She couldn't help but smile as he pulled back to admire her. He stroked her cheek softly, giving her an adoring look.

This moment was a lime she would not forget the taste of.

"Natasha," Bucky breathed, pulling back slightly again. "YA lyublyu tebya~"

Natasha smiled in the darkness, feeling him against herself. She was hopeful that she could learn to let go of her past and let her life with Bucky unfold. She pulled him down into another soft kiss, grinning against his lips happily.

"I love you too," she whispered.