(1) Rookie week

**It's 'Rookie week', (made-up) and a select 2-3 players from each team have to ride out to LA for a meeting with the newly drafted 2019 picks. In Rookie week, they bond, skirmish and try to teach the rookies what it's like in the NBA. Meanwhile, the bench players on the teams have time to shine and develop their skills in the off-season games their best players miss out on for the week.

"Dame, the scores you put up lately are making me really jealous, I gotta be honest," CJ complained, sinking comfortably into a couch. Damian let out a little laugh, "CJ, cheer up. You know what we're here to do.." McCollum sat up from his chair, crossing his arms. "Actually, I have no idea what we're here to do. What the heck is this 'ROOKIE' week?" Dame rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to speak when a knock was heard at the door. Damian makes his way to the door, cocking his head when he opens it. "Uhh... hey Russ," Russel Westbrook nodded, "Yeah uh, the event- thing is starting," Russ says as he peeks inside the room. "Why's your room so much nicer than mine!?" Russ asked pushing the door further open to get a better scan. Dame laughed and rolled his eyes. "Actually Russell, would you like to explain to CJ's dumbass what Rookie week is?"

There was a pause.

Russell shrugged, "Pft, all I know is the top few players from each team are here in LA to greet people or some shit like that." Dame pinched the bridge of his nose, taking in the stupidity that his two friends hold. "Take a hint, cupcakes," Dame growled.  Westbrook frowned, "Uh, first of all, that's my insult towards KD. You don't get to take it, you lowly child," CJ laughed at the banter. Damian crossed his arms, "Ok, would you two define ROOKIE for me?" CJ and Russell tensed, "What do you think I am, stupid?" they both simultaneously said. Damian grunted, "Uh. YES." The arguing went on until another man entered the room, Ben Simmons. "Uh, guys we're kind of waiting for you outside," he said in a monotone voice. CJ looked at Ben nonchalantly, "Ben I miss your Australian accent. Your American accent is solid, but like, REALLY BORING." Ben Simmons blushed, embarrassed. Damian laughed, "People like you are why rookies are so scared of us, CJ," CJ McCollum gave his teammate a glare and Russell just rolled his eyes, "Yes, I can see it now. What great CHEMISTRY in the trailblazers," Damian chuckled, "You're one to talk, Mr. OKC."

Ben Simmons awkwardly stood at the entrance, trying to figure out how to get them outside and onto the bus with the rest. CJ noticed Ben shifting his feet, awkwardly, "Hey Ben, we'll go outside if you shoot another 3-pointer," CJ snickered. Dame snapped at CJ, punching his arm. "I swear to God you're the reason this ROOKIE week is even happening right now, you're like a senior picking at his freshmen." Lillard looked apologetically towards Simmons, "Sorry about him, Aussie boy." Russel scoffed, "You realize Patty Mills and Kyrie's also Aussies?" All the men looked at Russel in disbelief. Russell shrugged, "Huh, WHO's the dumb one now?" Westbrook taunted, smirking directly towards Dame.

Damian shook his head, "We should really go guys, before another player-" LeBron James steps in, his King-like aura unwavering. "You guys better get your asses out there-" LeBron started, but before he could finish his sentence, all four of them rushed outside. LeBron shrugged and made his way out behind them. CJ leaned into Dame's ear and whispered complaints, "He's so dominant, it's scary." Damian pushed CJ and laughed, "he's actually cool, you're just a pussy." Russel turned towards them, "did someone say puss-" "Shut your gay-ass up Russ."

The players stepped in the bus, the whole bus seemed to erupt in applause. "Wow, it's been years!" KAT yelled, laughing. "Wait... Dame? You've been alive for all these years?" Kyle Lowry gasped, standing up from his chair, DeMar laughing beside him, trying to tug Klow down. Steph was clapping, pretending to shed tears of joy. Kyrie chuckled, "How'd you do it LeBron?" LeBron shrugged, "I barely even said anything." Steph smirked, "You didn't even have to say much, you just have to be LeBron to get anyone to comply," Curry commented. Klay, who was sitting beside Curry glanced at Kyrie, he was reminded of the Kyrie trade, so he commented: "Well, almost everyone." LeBron clenched his jaw at the comment and sat beside his teammate, AD. Anthony pats his back, "Congrats on bringing in the idiots." Russell seemed confused, "Come on guys, we weren't even that long." Ben Simmons sat beside his teammate Embiid, whispering, "Felt like the longest few minutes of my life."

Meanwhile, in the Staples Centre...

Meanwhile, in the Rookie lockerroom, the newly drafted NBA players were getting ready to meet their idols. "Man, I can't wait to see LeBron," Cam Reddish gushed, as he slid on his compression sleeve. RJ hummed in agreement, "I wanna see the Raptors," Barrett replied, jumping into his shorts. "Of course you do, you're so Canadian," Ja Morant teased. "Canada is like basically a part of America, I swear..."Cam mused before taking a swig of blue Gatorade. "We're NORTH Americans, actually," Barrett gleamed. Ja Morant poked Barrett's chest, "still American material, RJ." RJ gave a sly smile, "Jealous of my North American bod?" Cam gave RJ a blank stare, "More like dad bod." Morant wrinkled his nose in confusion, "Was that a compliment, a flirt or an insult, Cam?" Cam waved Morant away, "Shut up, Ja."

After a few moments of silence, Rui Hachimura came into the room, with his usual bright smile. "Mr. Japan himself!" RJ greeted. Rui grinned, shyly. "Actually, I have a question for you Americans." Cam and Ja gazed up at Rui attentively. "Actually, I'm not 'American'," said RJ, a dimpled grin forming on his face. "Shut up, RJ," Cam retorted, annoyed. Rui blushed, looking at his feet, "It might be weird in your culture - but do you guys have small crushes on your NBA idols?" RJ bit his lip blushing, Cam winced at the question as a hint of red rushed to his ears and cheeks. Ja swallowed hard and sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, nervously laughing, "Actually, I do have a little crush on more than one NBA player." Rui blinked a couple of times, his smile returning. RJ cleared his throat, regaining his posture, "Yeah, I mean, It's normal right? Like, no homo." Cam biting his nails turned towards RJ, "What do you mean no homo? YES HOMO." RJ stuck out his tongue at Cam. "Nah man, it's just a man-crush," Ja said, defending RJ. RJ nodded, "like, if I say you have a nice ass, it's no homo." Cam narrowed his eyes at the comment and gave Barrett a coy smile, "IS my ass nice?" RJ quickly broke eye-contact, turning towards his locker, pretending to fix it. "Man, stop playing," RJ muttered.

(Up to down: RJ Barrett, Ja Morant, Cam Reddish, Rui Hachimura)

(