11 x 2 (Caris LeVert x Kyrie Irving)

Before I start can I get an "F" in the chat for Cuhiha who has 6 REALLY good books that are waiting to be started and 3 published books to finish. I wish there were 9 of you to write them all. 😂 Honestly, my advice is to finish Best friends 1. Put the Butler one on hold for now. Don't start BFs 2 yet, start your most voted on story. (I choose either the BradleyxJohn one or 'Cake') And continue Realistically. 

(PS. YES I WROTE THIS ONE-SHOT RIGHT AFTER HIS 51PT GAME AND NEVER FINISHED IT OOF)

*Caris LeVert POV*

After the big 51 pt game... 

"Caris!" Kyrie yelled in excitement running up to me. I spread out my arms and he jumps into the hug. "Hey! What's up?" I say, patting his head. "You! 51 points! You're gonna end up stealing my spotlight man," he gushes, straightening my jersey. His fingers gently straightened the folds of my jersey, he gets really distracted lately. It's kind of cute. I push his hands down from my jersey, "Nothing beats you, Kyrie... And of course, there's KD." He shakes his head and looks up at me, "Don't think about that! Tonight it's all about you man!" he says, patting my shoulders, "You were phenomenal.." 

I avert my eyes, embarrassed at the attention. "Hey, how about you though, I'm kind of worried," Kyrie's brows scrunched in confusion. "Worried about what?" I blinked at him, eyebrows raised in disbelief, I hesitated, "Uh, the... your surgery?" Kyrie's mouth drops open, "I was so distracted by your game, I didn't even realize I have surgery tomorrow!"

I gulp, "Oh... I'm sorry about reminding you. I know you don't like surgeries." Kyrie was noticeably stiff. I remember he told me about a surgery where he nearly died from an infection, and since then, he's tried to avoid surgery. Though he did postpone his shoulder surgery, it had to happen eventually. 

"Ky?" he snaps back, and looks around, "I'm okay!" he says. I feel the guilt stab right through my heart. Stupid Caris! Why'd you have to mention the surgery? Kevin and Dinwiddie run up the hall and pour water on me cheering. "You know what this calls for?" Spencer hollers, "A celebration! Let's head to a restaurant guys, my treat!" 

"What time did you wanna go?" I ask, scratching the back of my neck. "Uh, right now! Get dressed!" I blink in surprise, then I make my way back in the locker room to change.

I choose a simple T-shirt and jeans. "S'that all?" a voice sounds behind me. I turn around, It's Jarrett. I tug my lips to one side, "What do you mean? Does it look bad?" I ask, brushing down my white shirt. Jarrett ruffled his afro, "No! It's just... you should wear something extra-extra you know? 51 point game boy? That's a career-high!" I guess he's right... "Alright then, what do you got?" I ask, packing up my duffle bag. 

Feeling a shirt get thrown at the back of my head, I quickly grab it. A button-up T-shirt with classy blue and red stripes, outlined by thin white lines. I snort, "Looks like one of them baseball T-shirts." "Nah man, you gotta keep some buttons open to show your chest, then you wear a chain and a beanie-- impress the ladies," Dinwiddie chimed in, slipping into a grey Nike sweatshirt. "Impress the ladies?" I echo, slowly buttoning up my shirt, making sure the muscles of my chest still show. I wring a gold necklace around my neck, deep in thought. Wait, but I don't want to impress the ladies... I want to impress Kyrie.

Before I go out and grab my duffle bag I ask, "Like this?" Spencer and Jarrett spin around to look at me. Jarrett lets out a low whistle and the corner of Spencer's mouth raises in satisfaction, "Man, Caris, you gon' be making men gay for you!" he jokes. Well, that IS the goal. I sling my duffle bag over and head out behind Jarrett. Once we walk out, my chest feels exposed to the night air, I hide behind Spencer, "Can I change back? This looks ridiculous," I whisper, feeling a sudden surge of embarrassment.