(3) Rookie week (Ben x Kelly Oubre) (Cam x RJ) (Kyle x DeMar) etc

-Another multi-ship chapter! ❤︎-

*Cam POV*

I watch RJ press up against the glass and quickly swing around to face me with a large shiny smile. "Cameron Reddish, guess who's here," RJ asked as he grabbed my shoulders. Oh, it couldn't be the people we've been waiting for for the past- I don't know hour. I deadpanned, "The NBA pl-" I started, "THE NBA PLAYERS!" RJ interrupted, shaking my shoulders. I roll my eyes, "I just said that you Canadian lumberjack-ass." RJ discounts my comment and runs outside, I follow behind. We get to the front entrance where Zion and Romeo Langford are itching to see the star players. The bus slows in front of us, I could hear a familiar melody booming within the bus, my eyebrows furrow. The bus door cracks open, letting the music loose, now it was clearly identifiable, 'My Girl' by the temptations. Huh, classy, but is this the right bus? A hyper Jimmy Butler jumps out of the bus singing, "WHAT CAN MAKE ME FEEL THIS WAY? MY GIRLLLL" LeBron, with a slight jump to his steps, walks smoothly out of the bus, right behind Jimmy, humming the tune. Apparently, it is the right bus. Our mouths drop open as we watch the NBA players- our heroes on TV, since who knows- strut casually out of the bus.

Kyrie Irving catches my eye and smiles, I nervously smiled back. "We got a whole batch of Blue Devils here," he chortled, as he reached out his hand to shake mine. I gulped shaking his hand, flustered, "N-Nice to see a fellow Blue Devil legend here!" I stutter. Kyrie gives me a welcoming smile and I feel myself ease up a bit. KD trails behind his teammate and looks over at me. "Did you take the course where Kyrie was taught the earth was flat? I'm quite curious about Duke's academic preferences," KD teases, patting Kyrie's head. Kyrie crosses his arms, ears reddening, "Yeah, the first thing I'll teach you in Rookie week is how to deal with annoying teammates. It's more important than it seems," Kyrie grumbles. I laugh, "I'm sure it is." I glance around and see RJ bouncing up and down with Kyle Lowry, talking about Toronto's best restaurants. I see Zion talking with Jrue Holiday. Romeo seems nervous, speaking with Gordon and Kemba. Kevin notices my eyes wandering and lets out a small sigh, "Must be overwhelming for you Rookies, you'll ease up in the game."

"The game!?" me and Kyrie both ask, immediately facing KD. Durant tenses, surprised at the concurrent action, "DAMN! What do they feed you Duke kids?" I look back at RJ, who is talking to Chris Paul. I smile and look back at KD, "I mean, we're all fed well except for RJ. RJ's stupid ass be eating chicken nuggets all day." Kevin smirks at that, "Anyways, the game, don't you guys know? Rookies versus well- Us." Steph runs up out of nowhere, "I couldn't help but overhear but isn't that a bit unfair?" Kyrie nods in agreement. A bundle of butterflies chokes my stomach. Playing against the best in the league?  Draymond appears towering behind Kyrie, "Yo, we gotta get in the locker room and put our weights on.." he says, placing a hand on KD's right shoulder and Kyrie's left. Now KD, Steph, and Kyrie all shared a confused and bewildered face. The whole team of Staff shuffle in to usher the athletes away to the locker room, no questions were answered.