(4) Rookie week(Kyle L. x DeMar)(Steph x Klay)(Oubre Jr. x Simmons)

>>> Extra-long chapter, you'll see why <<<

*Steph POV*

I stretched out my arms, testing how the weights affected my movement. I jogged on the spot a bit and grumbled, realizing how stiff I was. How am I supposed to shoot 3's when I have an extra 20 pounds on me? 5-pound bands on each leg and arm, the officials almost went with 8, but DeMar was insistent that they lower it, since the... nosebleeds of course. Actually, Kelly and Simmons haven't been back to the locker room since the argument, I wonder what they're...doing. My mind oozes into dirty thoughts.

"Steph?" someone voiced. I blink upwards and see Klay, "Uh, yeah? What's up Klay?" He gives a warm and slightly awkward smile, "You're uh... Making that face again." I tilt my head in confusion, "Say what?" He chuckles, "That face where you think about uh, you know, you think about when a guy gets with-" The further he tried to explain it the redder I got. I cover my face in my hands, "Oh shoot, haha I'm sorry I should really-" My words stumble over each other as I clutch my face in my palms. Gosh, Steph, why do you have to be such a mess, especially in front of Klay? I feel a gentle tug at my wrists, Klay gently pulls my hands away from my face, and lifts up my chin. "Nono, I think it's kinda cute actually," he quickly says, swallowing his words. If even humanly possible, I blush even more after that.

Jimmy pops his head in the bare minimum space between us, "Hey guys." Jimmy gives a devious smirk as I roll my eyes. "Hate to ruin your moment but, we gotta get out on the court, not unless you wanna be shoved by the officials again," he chimed, dusting off something from his jersey. "I'm not planning to be shoved again," I sigh, the weights on my arms and legs feel a lot heavier now that Klay released his grip on me. Klay looks at me apologetically, with his soft dark eyes, he pats my back, "We should head out, Wardell." He runs into the dark mouth of the tunnel leading into the court. I run after him, warning him, "If you call me Wardell again, I will remove your Splash Brother privileges!"

Klay, Butler and I all make our way into the court, greeting our teammates. I hear a small metal screech, coming from the ceiling of the facility. I cocked my head to the nearest person and gave a nudge, it was Butler, "Hey did you hear that?" His eyebrows furrowed as he frowned, "You going crazy Steph? I didn't hear anything." Huh. Weird. I shrug it off and take a look at the ceiling wearily, one last time.

*Lowry POV*

We're shooting around the court, you know the usual 3-pointers. I'm talking to RJ, DeMar, and Dame. "Wait so, RJ you're going to the knicks right?" I ask, skeptically, my hand on my chin. He nods, as he takes another shot. "That's a young team, Randle, Knox, Robinson" Damian says, deep in thought. I try for a 3 but my movement is stiff, and I play a complete airball. I grunt, "These damn weights." DeMar laughs at that, "Are you sure weights' fault?" he asks, dribbling a ball, turning to meet my eyes. He grins at me, giving me a pearl-white picture-perfect smile, how does that flawless smile come so naturally to him?

I try to hide my grin, and crinkle my eyebrows, attempting an angry face, only causing DeMar to chuckle. God, I miss seeing him every day. We were both lost in a whole different country, on the Raptors. Funny thing is, I didn't like Deebo at first, I was jealous of his perfect body and his collected nature. But one day, our chemistry just clicked. It was during a game loss ironically, and I just asked him out for a casual dinner. What were we? What are we? We never really had that talk through all the years, we just got lost in appreciating each other. And, now that he's gone and it's empty. Cold and empty. We still are close friends but I'll never get over that trade. I still wake up in cold sweats from the nightmares I have of losing him.