(ii) Valentines day (Steph x LeBron)

*Steph POV*

I pull up in the driveway, carefully parking my car. It's one day to All-Star week and I won't be able to participate. I snap the gears to park and slump in the drivers' seat. I look down at my injured hand, flexing my fingers. It's almost as good as new, but after about an hour of intense dribbling, I always feel a painful strain in my tendons. It's really frustrating, I need to get on the court, everyone depends on it. My head is screaming at me to play, Draymond and my new teammate Wiggins, need me, but my hand cries out in pain. It's frustrating. It really is. I sigh and grab my duffle bag, opening the car door and stepping onto the cement.

I enter the locker room, I'm early for team practice. The lights of the Golden State locker room illuminates over each locker evenly. This room feels so large when It's empty. I walk over to my own locker but notice a red ribbon sticking out of the encasement where I normally place my shoes. I peer into the rectangular case, squinting at a heart-shaped box kept closed with a glistening red ribbon. Huh, must be from Wiggins, he's trying to warm-up to the team lately. I glimpse at the other lockers, wait. No one else has one. Huh. I pick up the crimson heart-shaped, harboring an expression on confusion.  I slowly untie the ribbon and detach the lid. The first thing that I see is a letter. "Happy Valentine's Day" Wait a minute, it's Valentine's day? I completely forgot. I read out loud, "Hey Steph, I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the All-Star Game, you're a real talent and I love to admire your skills on the court. It's too bad I never get to play on your team, I may not be on your side in the playoffs, but maybe I can in your heart."

I laugh, what a cheesy letter. "Tch. What a sweet talker," I murmur to myself, smiling. "You really think so?" A voice booms behind me. I can't hold back the scream as I jump up and quickly turn around. My hazel eyes widen as I find my gaze on LeBron James, taking note of the height he stacks on me and the flexing muscles. My mouth gapes open, "Wait a minute. LeBron, aren't you supposed to be on a flight to Chicago?" My mind still processing the strong presence of LeBron. He nods, and crosses his arms, "Yeah, It's in 2 hours, just had to leave a quick something to you for Valentine's day." I look down at the box slowly peering into it, It's a gold chain necklace dangling at the end of it was a charm of Bron's logo on it. I look up at him, letting out a small chuckle, "Really?" I ask raising an eyebrow. LeBron slightly tenses, "So you can be mine. I need to leave my mark," he shrugged, his broad shoulders unintentionally flexing. I swallow a forming lump in my throat as I stare at his brawn shoulders. Haha, LeBRAWN... I shake my head, back to reality, LeBron is nervously waiting for my retaliation.

"Funny Joke, Bron." I snicker, placing the box on a chair. He blinks in confusion, "I was serious," he said, stepping closer to me. "Come on, do you actually talk like that to flirt with people?" I ask, a hint of taunt in my voice. LeBron scratched the back of his neck and furrows his eyebrows, "I don't see what's wrong with it.." I blush, realizing he was completely serious. I look up and stare into his chocolate brown eyes, "Wait, y-you actually meant everything?" LeBron nods, grabbing my hands, "I thought my intentions were pretty clear all these years," his voice rich with dominance. A breath caught in my throat as I felt my blush deepen, "All these years? What do you mean? You didn't show any signals at all!" He doesn't respond, I recollect all of my interactions with the 6'9 ft man.

I shake my head in shock. "Wait... the 'You look great today, I wish I could get with you as fast as you make a 3-pointer' and the 'Wait till I guard you, I might grind up on you too hard' was NOT to distract me during the championships?" I ask in disbelief. He gently squeezes my arm, "Why would I do that?" I shake my head and scoff at the comment, "Well it DID distract me, that's for sure," I say, biting my lip. He grabs the red heart-shaped box and grabs a piece of chocolate that I didn't notice before. He's about to pop it in his mouth when I grab it from him. "Hey, it's mine." He groans, "You didn't even notice it, plus it's my favorite-" I quickly interrupt him with a snarky comeback, "Now I'm your only favorite, not this chocolate, not taco Tuesday and not your championship rings," I say, half-joking. I throw the chocolate in my mouth and tauntingly chew it in front of him.

*LeBron POV*

I will eternally be turned on by that quote. But I have an idea. I narrow my eyes, eyes fixed on his beautiful hazel eyes. He's such a pretty boy. I grab his chin and kiss him, roughly. He gasps against my lips as I slip my tongue into his mouth nipping the chocolate into my mouth, once I have the chocolate in my mouth I slowly bite his lips. I pull him in closer by the waist as he lets out a small moan. I pull away, and he's star-struck. I lick my lips. I chew at the remnants of the chocolate, "I get what I want, you hear? Wardell." He gains his composure, and he smiles, giving me the hottest flirty look I've ever seen in my entire life. His hands clutch my shoulders, "And this is what I want," he whispers, hands traveling from my shoulder to my chest. I grab the sides of his waist roughly, "You know I get so mad at you when you make those threes." Steph growls seductively, "Yeah? Well, I can't help being better than you."

My phone rings and I sigh in frustration, as I let go of my grasp. It's Anthony, I pick up. "Hey, Bron. The flight is here in about an hour, we're waiting on you," Oh shit! I completely forgot! "Steph, I'm sorry I have a flight-" Steph licks his lips charmingly and stares directly at me. "I'll be right here, waiting for you... King." I bite my tongue. "Don't make me hard before I get on the plane, I swear to God, Golden Boy."

Steph looks at me skeptically, "Hm, now wouldn't that be a great Valentine's Day present? You sitting uncomfortably hard in a plane?" He says slowly running his hands down my legs.

I laugh quickly playing along, "Get away you succubus! I musn't sin! I am a Nobel King!"

Steph flutters his eyes, "You dare wish to depart for my sexy presence?"

I gently push him away and kiss him on the forehead goodbye. "Yes, I dare. For my Journey awaits me."

Steph dramatically bows, not breaking his act, "Farewell, my beloved King."

I laugh at his unwavering acting skills as I leave the room.