The one time Astrid cried

It's been a week since Hiccup and toothless defeated the Red death. Toothless didn't have much damage just a few cuts but they all seem to be healing nicely but Hiccup wasn't as lucky. In the battle Hiccup had lost half of his left leg and has been unconscious since. Gothi the village healer and elder said he was slowly recovering but it wasn't certain he would live. Stoick was looking after hiccup for the first few days until he had to return to his Chief duties so Astrid happily volunteered Stoick was a bit skeptical at first but let her go ahead.

Astrid was currently in Hiccups room watching his unconscious body. A couple days ago Astrid, Gothi , Gobber and Stoick were all in Hiccups room watching his lifeless body. Hiccup started to slur words, at the sound of his muffled voice all 4 heads turned to Hiccup. They tried to make at what he was saying but they couldn't exactly but then it got a bit clearer.

"A-sst -Astri-d" Hiccup slurred. Everyone was stunned he was thinking of her the whole time. Astrid ran over to his side and grabbed his hand.

"I'm right here Hiccup it's okay I'm here" she repeated to hiccup. The adults looked at Astrid they were shocked to see this side of Astrid.

Now that Astrid was sitting by her self in his bedroom she took hiccups hand and laced her fingers with his and places her other hand on his cheek and brushed her thumb across soothingly. Astrids chest was feeling tight and her breathes where getting louder and heavier she could also feel her eyes starting to water. Astrid knew what was happening she was crying.

Down stairs of the Haddock residents the door slowly creeped open and 4 teenagers entered. Fishlegs, Snoutlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut cautiously entered the house. They started to hear whimpers as they walked up to Hiccups room and what they saw shocked them. Astrid was breaking down in tears her head buried in Hiccups chest and her hand still laced with hers.

This shocked the 4 teens because they've never seen Astrid cry. They all grew up together and never saw Astrid cry even when her dad passed in battle. Her mother had died when she was baby and her and her farther weren't very close but still.

"Hiccup please wake up I need you in my life please don't leave Me I need you" Astrid sobbed into Hiccups chest. The teens were absolutely shocked they've never seen Astrid Like this she was so vulnerable and open. The 4 teens decided to leave and keep what they saw to themselves.

Astrid continued to sob until she feel asleep next to Hiccup. Later that night Stoick was removed from his chief duties he and Gobber went and checked on Hiccup but what they found surprised them they saw a unconscious hiccup and a sleeping Astrid with her head on Hiccups chest and tear stained cheeks. They too decided to keep what they saw to themselves.