chapter 7

My right hand was sweaty but I didn't even care as I was interlocked with Tristan's.

We walked back along the beach and the sun wasn't so burning now. I looked at my arm, hopefully.

DAMN IT! I hadn't tanned... I really wanted a tan. I probably will never actually be able to even get a sun kissed look nevermind a ' I've just been on holiday in the Caribbean and had a much better time than you did stuck in England bitch ' look.

I'd been for a swim, we all did. And Tristan's chest was probably hotter than the temperature of the core of the sun.

As my hair had dried naturally it had gone wavy instead of straight like it was before.

"Uhh why can't my hair just be STRAIGHT!?" I exasperated as the 8 of us walked back to wherever their party was.

Tris laughed and linked arms with me. " I like your hair like this, it suits you." I smiled. Any compliment from him made me smile like a kid on Christmas day. It was something about him. Something that made me feel as though the whole world just stopped for a moment to just look at him. I couldn't see how anyone could love him more than I did.

I looked across. Brad and Alex were clearly in love. She was getting a piggy back from him even though she was a little taller than him. I smiled. It's funny how love grows like a plant. Together in groups. Some, hiding underneath the surface, occasionally for tens of years, and then out comes a little weed. Not much at the time but give it enough food and water and it will grow into a beautiful, blossoming plant.