chapter 9

I smiled to myself and looked back at Tris. He too was taking in his surroundings. God he is hot...

I looked down and saw my hands trembling.

I took and deep breath and tried to rethink the situation. I can't let myself get broken again. I can't get emotionally attached to some boy. In the past, I've always thought it was love between me and someone, but that's not how the world works. Love blossoms from something else, a key factor in a relationship. It can be a secret, loneliness. lust or even just sentiment. Sometimes hate or anger or sadness. Sometimes, several things at once.

And I can't let myself fall for someone again before I even knew why my hands were trembling and my heart palpitating. I couldn't.

But no matter how many times I tried I couldn't shake of the feeling that it was pure love. I must be going insane. More insane.

I heard Alex and Brad giggle. I wonder what sparked their relationship?

**Tris' POV**

I heard Brad and Alex giggle. I looked over in their direction. Brad looked happier than I'd ever seen him.

**Alex's POV**

"Nooo Brad, I'm just saying that-"

We burst into laughter again. We were trying to have a serious conversation about twitter, however both of us had drunk a coconut filled with rum and tropical fruit juice, so it was proving pretty impossible.

His curly brown hair flopped around his face and his perfect smile widened in his eyes. I'd never seen anyone with such perfect eyes that shone when they laughed before. And his laugh! His laugh was contagious even when we were sober. I let out a mental sigh.

There was zero point naught naught one percent chance that I'd see him after tonight. He was a pop star. He was the lead singer of the best band in the world. He was fucking Brad Simpson. I was just Alex. The girl who follows him on twitter, the girl who has more merch stuff than non merch stuff, the girl who writes fanfic on wattpad and blogs on tumblr. Just Alex.

**Brad's POV**

I still couldn't believe I was actually talking to her. She was the kind of girl you feel privileged to even be around. The kind of girl who, one you got to know each other, would get withdrawal symptoms every minute you spend away from her. And I was a fucking addict.

Her laugh filled the room and made me feel like a giddy kid again that's drunk too much fanta.

I think I love her