chapter 10

**Hollies POV**

"You designated driver too huh?" Connor asked.

I blushed.

"Yeah, although ironically only Alex and Katie have a drivers license." I laughed.

"I'm usually wasted at this time of the night. But it was a long flight and honestly if I just had a small glass I'd probably fall asleep."

"SAME!" I said, "and this music isn't exactly helping either."

"Do you wanna go outside and get some fresh air, I could really do with some at the moment." He looked up at me and saw me blushing. He smiled like a little kid with sweets.

"yeah" I exasperated.

I tried to fight way through the drunken crowds but a group of about half a dozen girls wearing hardly any clothing. I tried to get out of the way but then fell back into a bulky man who smelt strongly of alcohol and fags. He spilt his drink and his equally stocky friends laughed at him. He turned around and glared at me with fierce eyes. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING?" He shouted moving closer to my face. I panicked and my chest and stomach tightened.

Connor grabbed my hand and yelled "RUN!"

We ran dodging in and out of crowds into the street and the cold sea air stuck to my skin. Connor saw me shiver. He linked my arm with his and moved closer to me. He looked around a bit. Then he eyes glanced a small cliff face about 5 meters from the creamy white sand. "Come on" he smiled at me.

~~~

We sat on the small cliff face, hands gripping each others tightly.

"So what do you for a hobby?" He asks.

"Dance and art, I've always loved them. I guess like showing emotion without words, for emotions too strong for a bunch of shapes that have to be arranges in a particular order with weird rules. You?"

"Singing. And music in general. I suppose I'm the same, I've never been able to show what I really mean by speech, but by song, its like the whole world becomes more intricate and detailed. I love it."

The moon was now reflecting on the sea like a blanket. The light caught the side of his face and for a moment, I was transfixed. It shaped his face and curled around his perfect features.

He stared at my eyes and moved his face towards mine, I thought he was going to kiss me until I turned my face away.

"I - I'm sorry" he said.

"no honestly don't I just don't really know yo-"

His face had gone bright red and his embarrassment shone through his eyes. Oh god what had I done, he clearly didn't do this often and was nervous around me.

He just got up and left. Head looking at his shoes and his back hunched like a moody teenager .

"Connor wait!" He just carried on walking faster. I stood up but he very clearly didn't want me following him. Why did this always happen? Ugh. My eyes stung and my heart felt loaded with weights.