Chapter Five

It's been a long time since Charlotte could talk to someone, obviously not Rafe, well obviously he was in England. Danny and Her continued to chat a lot, almost like Charlotte was his new Rafe and visa versa. Of course only Charlotte was a girl and she was 4 years younger than Rafe, and 3 years younger than Danny. Of course sometimes Charlotte allowed Evelyn to come with them on hang outs, even though she knew Danny liked Evelyn. But sometimes she left early to write to Rafe.

Her and Danny have always been close, especially when they were little. Sometimes he used to ditch Rafe and hang out with quiet and lonely Charlotte. He always thought of her as a sister of his own. Because he didn't have much family and when Danny first came to live with the McCawleys she came to his room every night and made sure he was okay for the first two weeks.

Sometimes when Charlotte couldn't talk to Danny or Evelyn, she spoke to Betty. Who was someone she didn't know she could confide in. Betty would always ask about Rafe and how Evelyns feeling. She's engaged to Red, the stuttering red headed guy who seemed socially awkward.

"So you know Danny?" She asked

"Yeah I do, he's best friends with Rafe." Charlotte replied.

"Oh I see..."

"See what?"

Betty gave her a smirk that she could recognize anywhere, it was the same smirk that she gave Evelyn when she was gushing over Rafe.

"No...." Charlotte said "Me and Danny aren't..."

"You're not?"

"No."

Of course, Betty knew that Danny was totally boyfriend material. And Charlotte knew it too.

"Like you wouldn't date him at all Char, he's a sweetheart."

"He is." Charlotte replied, "But it's Rafes best friend."

"Keep telling yourself."